Austin History Center, Austin Public Library - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Magnesium Plant]

Description: Two buildings connected by a covered conveyor belt. Future site of the Balcones Research Center, now known as the J. J. Pickle Research Campus.
Date: August 14, 1947
Creator: Ellison Photo Co.
Item Type: Photograph

[Wooldridge Square Park]

Description: Dedication of the bandstand at Wooldrige Square Park. Crowds of people gathered around the bandstand, dressed in formal wear.
Date: 1910
Item Type: Photograph

[University of Texas Old Main Building]

Description: Back of photograph reads: "University of Texas. This view shows the west wing of the present main building taken from about where Sutton Hall now stands. The erection of this was started in the fall of 1883 and finished in the summer of 1884. The University of Texas opened Sept. 1883 in the temporary Capitol building and moved to the west wing in the fall of 1884. Copy of old photograph."
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph

[Capitol Grounds]

Description: Looking northwest at the Capitol dome from a pond on the grounds. Pond is no longer present, but noted by a marker on the grounds.
Date: unknown
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph

East Avenue

Description: East Avenue below 3rd St. before the street was paved.
Date: 1933
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph

Nineteenth Street looking east

Description: Nineteenth Street looking east after street paving. Waller Creek bridge in view. Photo reads, "Asutin Street Paving, Soutwest Bitulithic Co., Contractor, H. R. F. Helland, Consulting Engineer."
Date: 1930-10-31~
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph

Austin City Hall

Description: Looking northeast at the Austin City Hall building at the northeast corner of Colorado and 8th St.
Date: 1920
Item Type: Photograph