Austin History Center, Austin Public Library - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Girls and boys playing at Rosewood Park]

Description: Photograph of children playing at a Rosewood Park baseball field. The boys form one circle by holding hands with each around the pitching mound and a second circle by holding hands around home plate (on the left) other while the girls form a third circle by holding hands with each other around the path from home plate to first base. Parents of both sexes observe and instruct. A bicycle is visible on the lower left. The view of the field is from the first base bleachers, looking toward left field. A car and a few homes are visible beyond left field.
Date: [1959, 1969]

[Glass Merchandise at Renaissance Market]

Description: Photograph of a handcrafted glass tree sculpture for sale at the Renaissance Market on "The Drag" on Guadalupe Street near the University of Texas, Austin campus. Other sculptures of a bird bath and armadillos also on display. The tree catches the sunlight and glistens while shoppers browse in the background.
Date: 197u
Creator: Austin Citizen

[Golfer teeing off at Municipal Golf Course]

Description: Photograph of a man teeing off at the start of a drive on the Austin Municipal Golf Course. His golf bag lies on the ground behind him. Trees are visible in the background. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: July 19, 1941
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab., Austin

[Golfers and caddy on green at Austin Municipal Golf Course]

Description: Photograph of a putting green at Austin Municipal Golf Course with one man, two women and a boy. One of the women puts the ball while the man holds the flag and a golf bag with clubs. The boy holds another golf bag with clubs while the second woman leans on her putter. A man on tractor rides by them behind the green. Trees are in the distance. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: 1937
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab., Austin

[Golfers putting on green at Austin Municipal Golf Course]

Description: Photograph of a family playing golf at the Austin Municipal Golf Course and a lawn maintenance worker keeping the grounds. One woman puts while a man holds the flag. A boy holds a second golf bag while a second woman looks on. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: 1937
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab., Austin

[Golfers putting on green at Municipal Golf Course]

Description: Photograph of a man in suit putting while another golfer looks on. Golfers stand and sit in the shade under trees in the background. The Austin Municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: February 1, 1940
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab., Austin

[Golfers putting on Municipal Golf Course green]

Description: Photograph of Four men at putting green on the Austin Municipal Golf Course. Their golf bags lie on the ground at the far edge of the green. Golfers are visible in the background. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: July 19, 1941
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab., Austin

[Governor's Mansion]

Description: Photograph of the Texas Governor's Mansion. "The Governor's Mansion after Texas became a state in 1846, and stands today, although much altered and improved. It is still the Governor's Mansion. It was and is located one black SW of the Capitol." is written on back of photograph.
Date: 1860