Austin History Center, Austin Public Library - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

A&NW RR Depot, Marble Falls

Description: Photograph of the Austin and Northwest Railroad depot in Marble Falls. The train station consists of a small building (on the right) with a garden (in the foreground). Men and women are gathered around a train and the building, looking towards the camera.
Date: 1888

Officials of the Mexican Consul General and the Camara de Trabajadores Mexicanos Local No. 7

Description: Photograph of a group of men, the officials of the Mexican Consul General and the Cámara de Trabajadores Mexicans (CTM) Local No. 7 of Austin, Texas at Parque Zaragoza. From left: José Verasteguí, Eustasio Cepeda, unidentified, unidentified, unidentified, Benjamin Lugo (in white shirt), unidentified, Felix Gonzales Monteón, José Guadalupe Pineda (Consul General of Mexico in San Antonio), Arturo Aleman, and Roberto Pedraza. At rear of group (far right) is Ignacio Acosta.
Date: April 26, 1942

[Old Anderson High School]

Description: Photograph of the old Anderson High School for Negro students, a two story wood frame building located in the 900 block of Olive Street at the northeast corner of Olive and Curve Streets. Anderson was a segregated school created for colored students. The building appears to be an "L" configuration, with a small porch at the inside corner of the "L", 6/6 wood windows, a wood shingle roof and a brick chimney. Used from 1908 to 1912, the building appears to have been originally constructed as a residential structure. The school was named in honor of Professor E. H. Anderson, the second principal of Prairie View State College, and one of the pioneer educators of the state.
Date: 1908/1912

[Old Austin Power Plant boiler room building]

Description: Photograph of a tilted view of the east facade of a boiler room at the old Austin Power Plant, near the site of the existing Seaholm Power Plant at 800 West Cezar Chavez Street. The concrete building has metal commercial windows and a vent stack is visible to the left of the building. A railroad bridge is visible in the background. Constructed during the 1930s, this building was demolished in the 1960s. A rubber stamp on the verso of the print reads: "BOONE's, FEB 25 1942, Austin, Texas". Boone Photo Company offered both photo finishing and commercial photography services.
Date: February 25, 1942
Creator: Boone Photo Company