Bosque County Historical Commission - 1,018 Matching Results

Search Results

[Letter from Jacob De Cordova, dated Nov. 20, 1859]

Description: Letter from Jacob De Cordova, dated Nov. 20, 1850 to "My dear Doctor," probably Thomas Moore of Burnet County. Discusses his travels through Texas, and various land transactions. He directs that any letters sent by Phin be forwarded to Graham. Phineas De Cordova was Jacob De Cordova's brother and partner in their Land agent business.
Date: November 20, 1859
Creator: De Cordova, Jacob Raphael

Hico Main Street

Description: Shows five store front, with scattered bystanders. Main focus is wagon pulled by team of ten oxen. Two other wagons in background, with two men in front wagon, one man alongside. Street is dirt, and can see telegraph poles.
Date: 1890~

Albert Sidney Johnston's Camp Members of 1899

Description: Members of Albert Sidney Johnston's Camp of UCV No. 115 of Meridian. J W Adams, Adjt of camp, Samuel Fossett, T W Shuford, A P Cruse, Will Andrew, C S Cooper, W H Adams, J M Belcher, B M Frank, Rice Massey, C A Gordon, H T Airheart, J B Knowles, J L Atkins, N F Sheppard, E F Jordon, Ed McKissick, M D Emerson, J W Thompson, A Cooper, H M Vaughn, E A Tweedy, George Powell, H C Cooke, E B George, J R Simonton, J H Yarbro, J N Yarbrough, J E Helton, J M Biffle, H M Dillard, Commander and Captain, J H Standifer, Zeke Ogden, J L Belcher, G L Cain, Henton Smith, S S Barry, W C Reagan, C H McSpadden, J W Duncan, J B Arnold, Thomas Cobbs, D H Neely, J S Camfield, James F Smith, J M Scott, J J McMurry, J Bowman, J M Renfro, A J Childress, Sam G Harris, T C Alexander, W H Boling, William Young, D O Barton, J H Johnson, R H Harris, W R Mason, F M Conley, S P Farrar
Date: 1899

5th Street and Avenue D in Clifton

Description: View of the building at the southeast corner of Avenue D and 5th Street in downtown Clifton. The building contains J. M. Brock's Drug Store (on the corner), Greer's Barber Shop (on Avenue D), and The Clifton Record (on 5th Street). This building was destroyed by fire on December 23, 1905.
Date: 1900~/1910~

5th Street in Clifton, North Side

Description: View of the north side of Fifth Street in downtown Clifton, Texas. The building in the foreground is on the southeast corner of Avenue D and 5th Street and was destroyed by fire on December 23, 1905. The Clifton Record newspaper office can be seen on the left side of this building. The building in the background is on the southwest corner of Avenue D and 5th Street.
Date: 1900~/1910~