Palo Pinto County celebrated 100 years of existence in 1957. Shown here is a picture of the cover of the official program of the pageant that commemorated this milestone in the county's history. Palo Pinto County began with its formation by act of the Texas legislature in 1856, and its subsequent organization in 1857. As part of the year-long centennial observance, a pageant noting significant events in the county's past was presented at the local football stadium. The program itself contains 28 pages of tidbits of history about people, places and events in the county's heritage, along with a schedule of events organized by the official Centennial Committee.
This pamphlet was a program for the activities surrounding the formal reconstitution of Camp Wolters as an Army installation. It includes a greeting from Colonel John L. Inskeep, a brief history of Camp Wolters, a list of the day's events, and two sketched maps of the camp and parade grounds.
This document gives a narrative of the activities of the 845th Engineer Aviation Battalion, as they prepared to leave one station (England Air Force Base, Louisiana) for their new headquarters at Wolters Air Force Base in Texas. There is a description of their drills, inspections, and preparations as well as an appendix with the original movement orders. The motto beneath the shield translates: "We build a nest."