North Texas History Center - Browse
Showing: 1 - 22 of 22 Results.
Results as a List of Thumbnails and Descriptive Information Results as a Grid of Images Print This Result Page Keep up to Date with an RSS feed of results matching your query.
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
Description: Probably WWII era, based on all the female employees, especially when compared to the other photo of the Textile Mill employees in this collection.
Date: c. 1942
Description: Three women sitting by the side of the road, smoking cigars.
Date: c. 1903
Description: High vantage point photo of the inside of the cafe, looking towards front door. This is a very busy lunch hour. Most of the men have either hung their hats on the wall rack or still have them on. Only two people have noticed the photographer, the rest are occupied by their meal or conversation. The door to the cafe is propped open, leaving the screen door to allow any sort of breeze in.
Date: c. 1940
Description: Four trucks lined up in front of Smith Auto Parts store in McKinney. The trucks range from 1920s to late 1930s. Nine men sit on top of the trucks.
Description: T. S. Morris, the father of the donor, was born in 1899. He lived and farmed at Rt. 5, McKinney. At night, he worked at the Mill in the weave shop and dye room. In this photo he is a short man, in overalls, with two men to his left in dark jackets. He is near the sixth window from the left.
Description: Photograph of the 1924 McKinney High School Football team posing together on a grassy lawn outside a large brick building. Six of the , "Season 24 or 25" (1924 team). 11 man squad. Person on far left is John David Stiff Bond, father of donor
Creator: Greenwood Studios
Description: Undertaker (perhaps J.P. Crouch) with horse drawn hearse, in front of C. R. Ritenour, Livery, Feed & Sale Store, Chestnut St, somewhere between 1880 and 1900. The undertaker is adjusting the gas lights on the carriage. The horses have fly netting on.
Description: Partial plat map of Buckner, Texas, historically the seat of Collin County, Texas. There is a key on the left listing lots and streets and a legal statement handwritten at the bottom. The map is encapsulated and has been framed; printed text at the bottom of the frame says: "Original plat of the first county seat of Collin County---Fort Buckner---drawn by the early surveyor, H. O. Hedgecoxe date 1846."
Creator: Hedgecoxe, H. O.
Item Type: Map