Clay County Historical Society - 38 Matching Results

Search Results

Ikard Ranch

Description: Barn and windmill on the Ikard Ranch. Written on back of photo, "This barn stood at the location, six miles west of Henrietta on the Ikard ranch where Captain Will S. Ikard brought the first Hereford cattle to Texas in 1876 from Beacher, Illinois. Dr. A.B. Edwards bought this ranch from Captain Ikard in 1910 and sold it to his younger son, A.B. Kirk Edwards in 1942. This barn was distroyed by a windstorm in 1953."
Date: 1950~