Cleveland Historical Society - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [75th Anniversary Commemorative Quilt]
- Color photograph of a quilt commemorating the 75th anniversary of Cleveland, Texas's incorporation as an independent municipality. The quilt's surface has been stitched with hand prints, each representing one of 53 individuals that were citizens of Cleveland in 1935. Each hand print bears the name and birth year of its corresponding owner. A young girl and a woman stand to the right of the quilt.
- [Early Churches of Cleveland, Texas]
- Compilation of information about churches in Cleveland, Texas including histories, church leaders, and other information. The church sketches include the Galilee Praise and Worship Center (later Galilee Missionary Baptist Church), the African Methodist Episcopal Church (later New Bethel African Methodist Church), First United Methodist Church, First Baptist Church, Calvary Baptist Church, and St. Mary's Catholic Church.
- [Letter from Cleveland Mayor Jill Barnett Kirkonis]
- Letter from the mayor of the City of Cleveland. It discusses the 75th Anniversary of the city, and talks about the achievements that have been made over the years.