Cleveland Historical Society - 453 Matching Results

Search Results

[Children Outside the Cleveland School]

Description: Copy negative of three young girls standing beneath a tree outside of the Cleveland School. There are two boys in the distance standing near a bike, and two girls talking behind them. Children can be seen sitting on the steps of the school in the background. The school was first built as the Cleveland Grammar School and later became Cleveland High School, facing Dallas Street. Southside Elementary was later erected on the side and faced towards Ft. Worth Street. The Cleveland ISD Tax & Central Offices now occupy the Dallas Street side.
Date: 193u

Christmas Parade entry

Description: Photograph of four people seated in an open wooden wagon hitched to horses, standing still on a street. The wagon has the initials "HUD" and "H. U. Davis Ranch, Livingston, Texas" written on the seats and sides. A young man in the back of the wagon is petting a young foal that has bows on its mane and tail, just behind the wagon. In the background, there is a commercial building with several storefronts and cars parked along the street. A young boy is standing in the background, watching.
Date: unknown
Creator: Young, Moon

[City of Cleveland Emblem]

Description: One-page pamphlet containing a photograph of the emblem of the City of Cleveland. The emblem is gold and has a large blue letter 'C' with a red star in the middle. The caption beneath the photograph reads, "Cleveland.... A Product of the Pines."
Date: unknown
Creator: Cleveland (Tex.)

[Civic Center of Cleveland, Texas]

Description: Color photograph of the Cleveland, Texas Civic Center, a two-story building surrounded by sidewalks, grassy areas, and small trees. There are several windows on the front facade of the building. Two flagpoles, one with the Texas flag and one with the American flag, flank the entrance.
Date: unknown

[Clements Brothers Drug Store]

Description: Photograph of the interior of the Clements Brothers Drug Store and pharmacist Tom Clements. There are multiple displays around the store, including a Kodak display on the far, back right, cosmetics on the shelves on the right, and newspapers on the front counter. There is a White Owl ad on the cigar counter on the front left, and a soda fountain with six stools. A man is standing behind the counter on the left where chips, peanuts, and cookies are displayed in glass jars. There are Christmas decorations hanging across the ceiling with strands of tinsel.
Date: 1934/1935

Cleveland Auto Parts [Pilgreen & Sons]

Description: Photograph of the interior of Pilgreen Auto Parts on the east side of Highway 59 south between the township and hwy 105. The picture is of Mr.George Pilgreen, owner and his oldest son, George Wright Pilgreen. Note the air cooled auto cushion display. This product was due to most cars still not having air conditioners.
Date: 02-04-1961
Creator: Young, Moon

Cleveland City Hall 1985

Description: Photograph of the front of the Cleveland City Hall building, a one-story brick building with stone quoins and decorative brickwork near the windows and roofline. Words on the left side of the building say "City of Cleveland City Hall" and near the center of the building, "City Police Dept."
Date: August 31, 1985
Creator: Young, Moon