Nellie Pederson Civic Library

History

The Civic Improvement Society of Clifton established the Nellie Pederson Civic Library in 1952.

The ladies of the Civic Improvement Society volunteered to work in the Library until it grew larger and employees were necessary; however, the Civic Society paid for the employees and saw to the needs of the Library.

City Hall housed the Library until 2000, when a new building was built through generous donations and grants. The grants equipped the Library with furniture, computers, and books.

In 2014 the city relinquished control of the Library due to the rise of costs and inability to continue support. The City of Clifton now operates the Library as a city-owned entity.

About the Library

The Library provides the community with access to computers, children’s programs, adult programs, and educational materials such as books and e-books. Through grants and additional funding from the City budget, the Library has continued to grow and provide needed services in the Clifton-Bosque County area.

The Nellie Pederson Civic Library and the Cleng Peerson Research Library of the Bosque Museum collaborated to digitize select materials. Both entities were involved in writing the grant and searching for the documents.

Contact

Reference

254-675-6495

cliftonlib@cliftontexas.us

Address

306 S. Ave. Q
Clifton, TX 76634



At a Glance