Denton Public Library - Browse
Showing: 1 - 24 of 28 Results.
Results as a List of Thumbnails and Descriptive Information Results as a Grid of Images Print This Result Page Keep up to Date with an RSS feed of results matching your query.
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
Description: View of the field bleachers at Eagle Park at North Texas State College. Trees dot the foreground and tall, electric lights line the edges of the playing area. The field was constructed in 1913, and in 1927 steel stands were constructed to seat 2,200 on the west side of the field. The football field was part of "Eagle Park."
Date: c. 1935
Description: Exterior view of the front of the library at the North Texas State College. A black automobile is in the lower right corner and a tree borders the left side of the image.
Date: c. 1935
Creator: Carruth Studio
Description: Exterior view of the front of Marquis Hall on the North Texas State College Campus. Collaged onto the photograph in the upper right and bottom left corners are portraits of President W. J. McConnell and former president, R. L. Marquis.
Date: c. 1935
Description: L. W. Kemp wrote Colonel John V. Singleton in response to a complaint about an inscription on a historical marker in John Simpson Chisum's honor. The discrepancy concerns the actual date of Chisum's death.
Date: October 10, 1938
Creator: Kemp, L. W.
Description: Mrs. William Williams wrote Lota M. Spell of Austin, Texas concerning the installation of a historical marker at the site of John Simpson Chisum's home. John Chisum was a cattle king in Denton County in the mid-1800s.
Creator: Williams, Mrs. William
Description: Letter from Edwin Sue Goree, field worker of Texas State Library, to Mrs. W. B. Chambers, Chair of Library Club, Denton County Council, P.T.A., regarding the procurement of school books. Goree replied that the Texas State Library was not able to loan books or further assistance at present but suggested establishing a Denton county library.
Date: September 14, 1934
Creator: Goree, Edwin Sue
Description: Lota M. Spell of the Advisory Board of Texas Historians wrote Mrs. Will Williams concerning the installation of a historical marker at John Simpson Chisum's home in Denton County.
Date: April 23, 1936
Creator: Spell, Lota M.
Description: Letter to the Record-Chronicle newspaper in Denton, Texas from the Library Extension Committee of the Denton County Council of Parents and Teachers. The letter contains information about a traveling library that was created to provide books to rural schools.
Date: May 15, 1935
Creator: Denton County Council of P.T.A.
Description: J. B. Cranfill writes Will Williams, President of the Denton Historical Society, in response to Mr. Williams's letter about whether the Texas cattle trail should be known as the Chisholm or Chisum Trail.
Date: July 27, 1938
Creator: J. B Cranfill, M.D. LL.D.
Description: Letters to Mrs. W. B. Chambers from R. L. Proffer, Superintendent of Denton County Public Schools, and Pyrene Wilson, County-School Librarian, regarding the Denton County-School Library.
Creator: Denton County Public Schools
Description: Photograph of an organization known as "Natives of the Confederate States of America" of Denton, Texas in 1936. The men and women are posing outside and wearing suits and dresses. A caption identifying the members and organization is included.
Date: May 16, 1936
Description: The caption reads: Old Timers Celebrate Fritz's Birthday. These 14 old timers of Denton were photographed at a party celebrating Dr. E. W. Fritz's 84th birthday. They are, back row, left to right, Noah Batis, farmer; Mrs. J. W. Underwood; Mrs. F. E. Piner, wife of an early judge; Mrs. Ida Williams, whose husband was an early photographer; Mrrs. A. J. Kittrell, wife of an early cattleman; Mrs. J. S. Chapman, wife of a mining operator; Mrs. T. A. Robinson, wife of a cotton buyer, and Mrs. Cora Elliott, dressmaker. Front row, left to right, J. W. Shaw, a photographer, Dr. Fritz; Charles Wilkins, ranchmans; J. C. Parr, farmer, Mrs. C. C. Bell, and C. C. Bell, a farmer. (photo courtesy of Sam Fritz)
Date: May 23, 1930
Description: Photograph of F. M. Bralley Library of Texas State College for Women, now known as Texas Woman's University. The building was opened in 1927. A stream and bridge are visible in front of the library. The library has four columns with Ionian capitals and a bell tower on the roof.
Date: c. 1935