City of Denton employee Janice Carolyn Killingsworth (Mrs. Terry Killingsworth), first civilian dispatcher (daytime) for the Denton Police Department, sits at the dispatcher desk and looks at the camera. There are two maps of the City of Denton on the walls.
Photograph of a woman sitting behind a desk and holding - in her right hand - the 1941 Revised City Charter and Code of Ordinances for the City of Denton, Texas and - in her left hand - the a newly revised Code of Ordinances and Charter for the City of Denton. Another copy of the Ordinances Charter rests on the desk in front of her. An analog telephone and typewriter are located on side tables beside her. She is believed to be Doris Harvey. More boxes of the newly printed Code of Ordinances sit on a table to her right and left waiting to be delivered.
Receipt for an ad posted in the Dallas Morning News by Julia Williams on Sunday February 15, 1959. Williams advertised three Shetland fillies for sale. The ad is also contained. Rue Simmons documented the charge of $3.30 for the advertisement.
Lyndon Johnson, in a suit, standing beside a large sign which reads: "Site of the Nation's First Federal Underground Center, Denton, Texas." Opened in February 1964, this center ultimately became known as the "FEMA Region VI Federal Regional Center". It was the first protected underground federal regional emergency operating center built in the nation.
Calendar page labeled "November 1959" with handwritten notes regarding the activities of a Denton Girl Scout troop, including meetings on Tuesday and a "Play Day" on Saturday the 21st. The back of the page includes a handwritten description of the Play Day event and three photographs which show a large group of children playing various games outside several large, brick buildings on the North Texas State College campus.