Denton Public Library - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [Cleve B. Singleton]
- Head-and-shoulders portrait of Cleve B. Singleton, a Denton police officer.
- [Julia Williams, In Account With The Dallas Morning News]
- Receipt for an ad posted in the Dallas Morning News by Julia Williams on Sunday February 15, 1959. Williams advertised three Shetland fillies for sale. The ad is also contained. Rue Simmons documented the charge of $3.30 for the advertisement.
- Lyndon Johnson
- Lyndon Johnson, in a suit, standing beside a large sign which reads: "Site of the Nation's First Federal Underground Center, Denton, Texas." Opened in February 1964, this center ultimately became known as the "FEMA Region VI Federal Regional Center". It was the first protected underground federal regional emergency operating center built in the nation.
- [Scout Troop Calendar and Scrapbook Page]
- Calendar page labeled "November 1959" with handwritten notes regarding the activities of a Denton Girl Scout troop, including meetings on Tuesday and a "Play Day" on Saturday the 21st. The back of the page includes a handwritten description of the Play Day event and three photographs which show a large group of children playing various games outside several large, brick buildings on the North Texas State College campus.