Denton Public Library - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- Denton High School Girl's Basketball Team
- Team photo of the 1908 Denton High School girls' basketball team. The team photo is printed over an image of a basketball on a white background. Pictured are: Maude Bruce (coach), Nell Bayless, Lucille Blewett, Emma Bell Lipscomb, Susie Davidson, Lula Evers, Maude Zumwalt, Katie Bass, Blanch Thomason, Mary Williams. Mary Williams later married Woodson A. Harris after completing a teaching certificate at UNT (then Normal College). They had four children and lived the majority of their lives at 425 Fry Street.
- Exterior of Henry Selz's House
- Exterior of Henry Selz's house. Their "new" Buick automobile is parked in the foreground on the left and the house is set off by a white picket fence. Tall trees flank the house on either side. The year 1908 is written on the back of the photograph, along with the notes, "The Henry Senz Home, father of Earl, Leo & Pinter. Note the "new Buick." "Moody & Earl had many wonderful trips in it before their marriage." As an "aside", an article appeared in the Denton Record-Chronicle on May 8, 1912, entitled, "Denton Boys in Auto Smash-Up." Henry Selz, Jr., was driving the family automobile, along with his brother Piner Selz and their friend Horace Maynard, when it slid off the road and went into an embankment. The automobile was reported as going 25-35 miles-per-hour. Horace Maynard suffered internal injuries and a broken hip. The automobile also suffered the loss of both front fenders and a few dents. The car belonged to Mr. Henry Selz, Sr.
- Henry Selz Family on donkeys in Mineral Wells
- The Henry Selz family on donkeys in Mineral Wells. Included are: Henry Selz, Martha Selz (far left), their daughters, Katie(far right), and Lula (younger daughter).
- Unidentified Man and Woman on Wooden Porch
- Unidentified man and woman sitting on a wooden porch. The woman is on the left, dressed in a long dress with high neck and is wearing glasses. The man is to her right and slightly behind her wearing a pork pie hat, white shirt, and light colored pants. A rug is on the wood between them, the door is open into a dark interior, and the porch is framed on the left, top, and right by crawling vines.
- [Brass Band and Little Elm "Reds" of 1908-1910]
- Photograph of the Little Elm 20th Century Band of 1908-1910. The members are posing with their instruments and in uniform. A caption identifying the members is included. Photograph of the Little Elm "Reds" baseball team of 1908-1910. The members are posing in uniform. A caption identifying them is included.