Denton Public Library - 54 Matching Results

Search Results

White House Cafe menu

Description: This White House Cafe menu displays their selection and prices for breakfast, steaks, sandwiches, and drinks. The White House Cafe was located at 505 S. Locust St. in Denton, Texas from c1938-1959. It was owned and operated by William Dorris Brown (1920-2017) and his wife Lorene Brown. In 1953, they advertised that they were open 24 hours a day, except for Mondays, offered curb service around the clock, and served meat that was "home killed."
Date: 1945?
Creator: White House Cafe

Hamilton's Drug Store menu

Description: This Hamilton's Drug Store menu includes sodas, fruit juices, soups, sandwiches, and salads. The menu also includes some information about the drug store. Hamilton's Drug Store grand opening was on a Tuesday morning, June 15, 1941. It was located on the corner of Fry and Hickory Street. The owners were W. P. Hamilton and E. C. Perryman. The business had a pharmacy, a complete soda fountain, a cosmetics area, and an assortment of sporting goods, picnic supplies, cigarettes, tobacco, candy, gum, stationary, cards, magazines, first aid supplies, baby foods and accessories.
Date: 1941/1946
Creator: Hamilton's Drug Store

Bill Williams in London, England

Description: Photograph of Bill Williams in uniform behind a desk in London, England during World War II. Written on back with pencil and blue ink: "Made in London, England 1945 Bill Williams [Alex brother] Number stamped 100015." Circular stamp reads, "Created for Personal Use Only Not For Publication ? ?? 1944 Theater Censor ET???? 1"
Date: 1944