Description: A view of the business section on the north side of the Denton Square around 1889. All the buildings were constructed of wood, with board sidewalks of even lengths to aid the pedestrian in keeping out of the mud and sand of the unpaved streets. On the left is the three-story Cronston building. The Francis Hardware Store was on the lower floor. The Woodbine building was next to the Cronston and adjoining was Clay Wither's store. Emory C . Smith's law office and R. A. Cobb's confectionery in the next two buildings followed by the McNeil dry goods store. The vacant lot was where the Lacy Hotel had burned down two years before. A saloon stands next and it is connected to a large building in which a meat market was operated.