Denton Public Library - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [Denton County letterhead]
- A Denton County letterhead is printed on a piece of stationary with various names and the dates of September 17, 1886-October 4, 1886. The letterhead includes a portrait of the Denton County Courthouse as well as a list of Denton County Commissioners.
- [Letter to Colonel John Singleton from L. W. Kemp]
- L. W. Kemp wrote Colonel John V. Singleton in response to a complaint about an inscription on a historical marker in John Simpson Chisum's honor. The discrepancy concerns the actual date of Chisum's death.
- [Letter to Lota M. Spell]
- Mrs. William Williams wrote Lota M. Spell of Austin, Texas concerning the installation of a historical marker at the site of John Simpson Chisum's home. John Chisum was a cattle king in Denton County in the mid-1800s.
- [Letter to Mrs. Chambers from Texas State Library]
- Letter from Edwin Sue Goree, field worker of Texas State Library, to Mrs. W. B. Chambers, Chair of Library Club, Denton County Council, P.T.A., regarding the procurement of school books. Goree replied that the Texas State Library was not able to loan books or further assistance at present but suggested establishing a Denton county library.
- [Letter to Mrs. William Williams concerning John Chisum]
- Lota M. Spell of the Advisory Board of Texas Historians wrote Mrs. Will Williams concerning the installation of a historical marker at John Simpson Chisum's home in Denton County.
- [Letter to Record-Chronicle from Mrs. W. B. Chambers]
- Letter to the Record-Chronicle newspaper in Denton, Texas from the Library Extension Committee of the Denton County Council of Parents and Teachers. The letter contains information about a traveling library that was created to provide books to rural schools.
- [Letter to Will Williams regarding the Chisum Trail]
- J. B. Cranfill writes Will Williams, President of the Denton Historical Society, in response to Mr. Williams's letter about whether the Texas cattle trail should be known as the Chisholm or Chisum Trail.
- [Letters to Mrs. W. B. Chambers from Denton County Public Schools]
- Letters to Mrs. W. B. Chambers from R. L. Proffer, Superintendent of Denton County Public Schools, and Pyrene Wilson, County-School Librarian, regarding the Denton County-School Library.