Denton Public Library - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- Denton High School Girl's Basketball Team
- Team photo of the 1907 Denton High School girls' basketball team. Pictured are: Katie Bass, Bess Browder, Lula Evers, Mary Williams, Alice Mounts, Maude Bruce, Mary Bart, Ina Fritz, Alice Cowan, Emma Belle Lipscomb, Lola Parker, Anna Banks, Nell Bayless, Blanche Thomason. The newspaper caption read: Girls' Basketball Team. "These young ladies were members of Denton High School's second basketball team. All but two of them changed their names with marriage. Their married names and their residences were supplied by Mrs. Clarence A. Tripp of Denton, the former Lula Evers. Kneeling, left to right, are Emma Belle Lipscomb (Mrs. Owen Johnson of California), Lola Parker (Mrs. E. H. Walpole of Oklahoma City), Anna Banks (now Dr. Banks of New York City), Nell Bayless (Mrs. John Underwood of Dallas), Blanche Thomason (Mrs. David C. Wiley of Monahans). Standing left to right, Katie Bass (Mrs. Donald O'Neil of Dallas), Bess Browder (Mrs. Bess McCullar of Taos, N.M.), Lula Evers (Mrs. Tripp), Mary Williams (Mrs. J. B. Stevenson of Wellington), Coach Alice Mounts (Mrs. Clarence Cockerell of Dallas), Coach Maud Bruce (Mrs. Campbell Duggan of Opalika, Ala.), Mary Barb (Mrs. Joe Elliott of Forney), Ina Fritz, (Mrs. M. L. O'Banion of Houston) and Alice Cowan (Dr. Cowan of Canyon).
- Girls' Tip-Top Basketball Team
- North Texas State Normal School's girls' Tip-Top basketball team. Pictured are: Hope McMinn, Esther Whittaker, Katherine Black, Sadie Roberts, Mary Belle Jones, Cassie Higgins, Beulah Davies, Justa Glass, Elizabeth Elliott, Volina Cohen, Dixie McDaniel, Marylee Matthews, Eula Moore.
- John Bunyan Denton
- Photograph of an artist's sketch depicting the death of John B. Denton in the Indian fight at Village Creek on May 24, 1841. Captain Denton and Captain Henry Stout, also shown in the sketch, were leading an advanced scouting party when they were ambushed on Village Creek near modern Fort Worth. Denton was killed and Stout severely wounded.
- Julia Ann Gober Wright
- Julia Ann Gober Wright sitting outside in front of trimmed bushes. She is wearing a dark, full-length dress.
- Julia Ann Gober Wright
- Julian Ann Gober Wright sitting outside in front of trimmed bushes. She is wearing a dark, full-length dress.
- [Portrait of Joe and Lucy Smith Mangrum]
- Portrait of Joe Mangrum wearing a suit and tie, and Lucy Smith Mangrum wearing a white dress with a high collar.
- Unidentified Individuals on Vacation in Mineral Wells
- Mattie Lee Lacy with two men and six women, all unidentified, posing for the camera while on vacation in Mineral Wells. Mattie Lee Lacy is in the white striped dress. Two tents are visible, one on the right side of the frame and one in the background to the left. Written on the back in pencil: 1907 Written on the back in blue ink: Vacation at Mineral Wells 1097 Printed on the back of the photo: 4 Important Gateways 4 The Texas T and P Pacific Railway "No Trouble to Answer Questions." Best Passenger Service in Texas. E. P. Turner, G. P. A., Dallas, Texas.