Deaf Smith County Library - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- Called to Serve: the Tri-County Chapter of the American Red Cross
- This book features the history of the Tri-County Chapter of the American Red Cross, which was chartered in Hereford in 1917, one month after the start of WWI. The history includes year by year summaries, as well as lists of officers and board of directors, correspondence, and financial reports.
- [Hereford Tornado]
- This booklet has a brief description of the damages caused by the tornado that hit Hereford, Texas on April 19, 1971, followed by photographs of the damage that occured throughout the town.
- A history of Deaf Smith County, featuring pioneer families
- A history of Deaf Smith County from 1890-1964, featuring local history and biographies.
- [Hustlin' Heritage 75]
- This book includes a brief history of the town with pages devoted to individuals, organizations, and businesses.
- The land and its people, 1876-1981: Deaf Smith County, Texas
- A Deaf Smith County history book featuring local history, photographs, illustrations, and biographies.
- Tons of Sweets from Texas Beets
- This article discusses the creation of a refining plant for the Holly Sugar Corporation near Hereford, Texas as well as a basic description of the refinement process.
- [Welcome to Hustlin' Hereford Brochure]
- This pamphlet gives a brief sketch of the city of Hereford, Texas with photographs, an introduction, and a 'Community Survey' that gives statistics on location, climate, population, transportation, major manufactururers, utilities, community facilities (including churches), schools, local governments, taxes, labor, agriculture, and industrial development.