Dallas Municipal Archives - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- The Kessler City Plan For Dallas: A Review of the Plan and Progress on its Accomplishment
- This pamphlet contains the reprints of twenty-three articles from The Dallas Morning News regarding the Kessler Plan for the city of Dallas, Texas and the progress that had been made over the fifteen years since its inception. The articles in order are: Article 1--Origin of the Plan; Article 2--Early Efforts at Civic Development; Article 3--Kessler Plan for All of the City; Article 4--The Trinity River Levee Plan; Article 5--Belt Line Railway Proposal; Article 6--Pacific Avenue Track Removal; Article 7--Street Widening and Extension; Article 8--The Supplemental Plan of 1920; Article 9--The Central Avenue Boulevard; Article 10--Lamar Street Trafficway; Article 11--St. Paul Street Improvements; Article 12--The Cadiz-Williams Proposal; Article 13--Downtown Street Extensions; Article 14--Oak Cliff Trafficways; Article 15 -- Beauty to Follow Utility; Article 16--Cooperation in Suburban Development; Article 17--Park and Parkway Plans; Article 18--Large vs. Small Parks; Article 19--Playgrounds Considered; Article 20--Inner and Outer Boulevards; Article 21--The Mill Creek Parkway; Article 22--Outer Parkway and White Rock Plans; Article 23--Financing the Plan.
- What Does "Our City" Need?
- Printed speech about city planning that was presented to the Woman's Forum of Wichita Falls, Texas by the secretary of the Kessler Plan Association in Dallas, Texas. The address includes an overview of what city planners need to consider, including growth, parks and recreation, alleys, landscaping around highways, consultants, and funding.
- A Zoning Ordinance: For the City of Dallas
- Text of a new ordinance for the city of Dallas, Texas outlining the zoning plans for areas of the city as part of the Kessler Plan. It includes a map that notes tentative zones for residential, business, and industry areas throughout the city.