El Paso Public Library - 1,222 Matching Results

Search Results

[Back of El Paso Post Office]

Description: Photograph of the back of a U.S. Post Office building in El Paso, Texas, taken from the northwest corner. It is a two-story white stone building with many tall windows along the north and west sides of the building, several of which have decorative designs above them. Handwritten text on the back of the photo says "January 1st 1919, Looking East."
Date: January 1919
Location Info:

[Geneva Loan & Jewelry Company Storefront]

Description: Photograph of the Geneva Loan & Jewelry Co. building at the corner of Overland Avenue and El Paso Street in El Paso, Texas, with various items visible in the storefronts on the west and south sides of the building. Several unidentified people are walking or standing near the building, including two women and a child standing on the corner and a man crossing the street on the right side of the image. On the left side of the image, part of Happy's Photo-Studio is visible next door to the store; a number of multi-story buildings are visible in the background. Additional technical information about the photo is printed on the back.
Date: September 18, 1978
Creator: Binion, Charles
Location Info:

[Images of El Paso Carnegie Library]

Description: Series of three photographs of the Carnegie Library in El Paso, Texas, which opened in 1904. The first image is of the front entrance, viewed from behind several shrubs; it is a two-story stone-and-brick building with stairs leading up to the entrance and classical-style architecture including Ionic columns. The text "Free Public Library" is in the stone above the entrance. In the middle image, labeled "circulation desk", a woman behind a long wooden desk is assisting a young woman; stairways and stacks are visible in the background, through tall arches. The bottom photo, labeled "second floor" shows a portion of the upper floor, including wooden railings around the walkway, doorways, and a light fixture on the ceiling; portions of the first floor arches and furniture are visible below.
Date: 1920~/1940~