Fort Bend Museum - Browse
Showing: 1 - 24 of 55 Results.
Results as a List of Thumbnails and Descriptive Information Results as a Grid of Images Print This Result Page Keep up to Date with an RSS feed of results matching your query.
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
Description: Fishing rod that has a long yellowish-white rod with five [Blank] attached with yellow and black [Blank]. The handle is green painted metal. The cork grip is missing, mostly likely rotted off. The reel is a cylinder shape and is silver in color. It has four thin bars separating the two flat ends of the reel, and one big bar, the spool in the center with cloth string wrapped around it. One side has a crank for winding the string. It has yellow handles that have been painted black.
Item Type: Physical Object
Description: Glossy 8 x 10 print of the Wessendorff Lumber Company building before it was torn down in the 1960s. Two cars are parked in front of the store. There are two areas on the back of the print where it looks like tape has been pulled off (upper left corner and lower right corner).
Description: Photograph of the Dedication of the Mamie George Prayer Chapel by the Daughters of the American Revolution on June 12, 1960. Group of people (mainly women wearing hats). One is seated in front in a metal folding chair. Texas Flag to far left of photo. People in photo identified (in black type) as left to right: Back row: Mrs. Mary Huntington, Unknown, Unknown, Irma Dru Hutchison, Unknown, Reverend Oren Helvey, P.E. Peareson, Mrs. R.E. (Mary D.) Moore, Mrs. T.B. Robinson. Front row: Unknown, Mrs. Hampton Robinson, Reverend Skinner, Mrs. J.A. Wessendorff (Jane), Mrs. Rusk Roane, Mrs. Grace Briscoe (Mason), Maybelle Armstrong. Seated in front: Mrs. A.P. George (Mamie)
Date: June 12, 1960
Description: Newspaper clipping from "THE HOUSTON CHRONICLE MAGAZINE, TEXAS, SUNDAY, MAY 28, 1961". Article entitled "From the Air: RICHMOND".
Date: May 28, 1961
Description: Photo of the base of Jaybird Monument, City Hall, Richmond.
Description: Photo of the Caroline and John Moore III standing next to Thomas Barnett Historical Marker located on Dyer Moore Ranch near Orchard.
Description: Photo of the Eldridge Home, Sugar Land. Two and a half story house with closed in second story porch. Three cars are parallel parked in front of adjacent building and a truck is parked in front of the Eldridge Home. Water tower visible in upper right corner.
Description: Photo of the monument with Briscoe Coat of Arms from England. Monument lies flat on ground.
Description: Photo of the grave markers of Judge CC Dyer, 1799-1864; In War 1812; Wife: Sarah Stafford, Died 1874(65 yrs.), Richmond. Dyer Cemetery, white house in background.
Description: Print of the grave of Thos. Jeff. Smith in the Morton Cem., Rich. Smith was Mason Briscoe's Grandfather who was with Fanin at Goliada. Photo shows monument with urn on top at left, brick crypt at center, plain rectangular at right.