French Legation Museum - 3 Matching Results

Search Results

Birdseye Perspective from Northwest, Restoration Legation de France, Austin, Texas, For Daughters of the Republic of Texas

Description: Architectural drawing in pencil of several buildings and the surrounding grounds overlaid on a second, colored drawing. There is a compass in the upper righthand corner and two floorplans outside of the main drawing. In the upper lefthand corner, there is a floorplan of the stable and carriage house with the scale listed as 1/8"=1'.0" (Scale= 1:96) and in the lower righthand corner is a floorplan of the loft at the same scale. Along the right side of the page, the "Legend" lists five numbere… more
Date: February 18, 1974
Creator: Raiford Stripling Associates, Inc.

Miss Lillie's Guest Book

Description: Guest book from the French Legation Museum (formerly the Republic of Texas French Embassy) containing the signatures of visitors as well as their towns of origin and dates that they visited the museum. There is a photograph of the museum on the front with a caption explaining its origins. Additionally, there is a newspaper clipping pasted into the book before the start of the register from 1924 entitled "The Register At The French Embassy" describing the history of the guest book.
Date: unknown

Restoration & Repair to Legation de France, Austin, Texas. For The Daughters of the Republic of Texas

Description: These are the blueprints of the restoration of the Legation de France, now the French Legation Museum maintained by the Daughters of the Republic of Texas. The architectural renderings were drawn in white on three sheets, each of which is labeled in part of the title box at the bottom of every page (in the lower right corner). The first page includes three drawings. The main drawing shows a floor plan of the building and is labeled: First Floor Plan. Scale 1/4:=1'-0". To the right, a tilt… more
Date: November 1955
Creator: Raiford Stripling Associates, Inc.
Back to Top of Screen