Restoration & Repair to Legation de France, Austin, Texas. For The Daughters of the Republic of Texas
Description: These are the blueprints of the restoration of the Legation de France, now the French Legation Museum maintained by the Daughters of the Republic of Texas. The architectural renderings were drawn in white on three sheets, each of which is labeled in part of the title box at the bottom of every page (in the lower right corner). The first page includes three drawings. The main drawing shows a floor plan of the building and is labeled: First Floor Plan. Scale 1/4:=1'-0". To the right, a tilted drawing shows the "Plot Plan" and a smaller drawing below is labeled: Column Detail. Scale 3"=1'-0" The title box in the lower right corner includes a revision date (11-1-'55) and there is a stamp of a seal above the box. Also at the bottom of the page are two signatures granting approval for the project including Mrs. Barclay Megarity (text below, "For Owner: Mrs. Margaret Megarity) and Louis Runnels (text below, "Contractor: Louis Runnels). The second page has only a single perspective and is labeled: Second Floor Plan. Scale 1/4"=1'-0". The third sheet includes four different drawings. To the left, "East Elevation" at the top and "South Elevation" at the bottom, each with a scale of 1/4"=1'-0". To the right, a small drawing shows "F.S. Section, Rail" and the fourth drawing below it shows a cross-section, labeled: Section. Scale 1/4"=1'-0". The title box in the bottom right corner lists the revision date as 11-4-55. Courtesy of Cushing Memorial Library and Archives, Texas A&M University
Date: November 1955
Creator: Raiford Stripling Associates, Inc.