Fort Worth Jewish Archives - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [B'nai B'rith Youth District Convention]
- Photograph of the teenagers at a 1956 B'nai B'rith Youth Organization (BBYO) district convention n Montgomery, Alabama. The conclave was at Huntingdon College. The male wing of the organization is called Aleph Zadik Aleph (AZA), and the female wing is called B'nai B'rith Girls (BBG). Text at the bottom of the photograph says, "BBYO District 7 Convention, Huntington College June 5-10, 1956 Montgomery, Ala."
- [Congregation Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Class, 1956]
- Photograph of the 1956 confirmation class at Congregation Ahavath Sholom. There are six girls in white robes and five boys in dark robes and bow ties. Rabbi Isadore Garsek and Cantor A. Friedman stand in the back row. The students are Sandra Leona Berkowitz, Elaine Schwartz, Linda Ellen Grenadier, Frances Jay Friedman, Maxine Stein, Janet Marilyn Siegel, Harry David Pila, Harry Sherwin Bailin, Morton Alan Levenson, Alvin Daiches, and Cordell Green.
- [Congregation Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Class, 1957]
- Copy photograph of the 1957 confirmation class at Congregation Ahavath Sholom. There are seven girls in white robes and fourteen boys in dark robes and bow ties. Rabbi Isadore Garsek stands in the back center with them. The students are Cheryl Leff, Sylvia Lynn Cooles, Jeanie Labovitz, Debbie Brachman, Charlsa Sarvis, Jerilyn Cohen, Davida Rae Applebaum, Paul Weisblatt, David Garsek, Allen Hendelman, Marvin Tills, Bobby Rashti, Marshall Kragen, Jack Rubin, Allen Grenadier, Jack Marks, Michail Ben Cohen, Michael Carter, Louis Siegel, Allen Schuster, and Donald Stanley. They are pictured on the bimah (alter) of the synagogue.
- Family Night at La Grave Field
- Flyer promoting "Family Night at La Grave Field" with the Fort Worth Cats, a minor league baseball team from Fort Worth, Texas. The flyer is promoting a game between the Cats and a team in Houston, Texas. There is an illustration of a baseball player holding a bat.
- [Fort Worth Cats Flyer]
- Illustrated flyer for a Men's Club brunch at Congregation Ahavath Sholom featuring as guest speakers ball players from the Fort Worth Cats, the local minor league baseball team. The flyer invites all members to come enjoy food, baseball and festivities at the Sunday brunch, April 12, 1953. There is an illustration of a cowboy holding a lasso, a baseball and a baseball bat on the flyer.