Fort Worth Jewish Archives - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [1961 Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Class]
- Photograph of the 1961 Ahavath Sholom confirmation class standing around the altar of the synagogue at 1600 W. Myrtle St., Fort Worth, Texas. The women are standing in the front and wearing light-colored robes; the men are standing in the back and wearing dark-colored robes. From left to right, the confirmands pictured are: Front row: Arlene Lois Sonkin, Leslie Faye Kreisberg, Karen Sue Imber, Andrea Bernstein (Deen), Marlene Annette Schwartz, Andrea Ruth Goldberg, Trudy Klimist, Diane Jane Mehl. Second row: Harold Zenick, Helen Susan Hillman, Gail S. Shandelson, Ellen Bari Brachman, Carol Klimist, Sally Ann Schumer, Karen Ann Lerner. Third row: Michael Raskin, Ronald Herzfeld, Lawrence J. Korenman, Edward H. Garsek, Gerald Zenick, Sanford Bogart, Charles Morton Coughey, Tommy Lee Stanley. Back row: Ronald D. Savitz, Herbert Weisblatt, Ben P. Herman, Cantor Phillip Kirshner, Rabbi Isadore Garsek, Ben D. Tobor, Sherwin Coplin, Richard J. Savitz.
- [Ahavath Sholom Synagogue]
- Photograph of the Ahavath Sholom Congregation's second synagogue, located in the 800 block Taylor Street, Fort Worth, Texas. The synagogue, constructed in 1906 at a cost of $15,000, was a two-story brick building with stained-glass windows, a sanctuary with a balcony for women, and basement classrooms. The Hebrew phrase above the door translates to: "1906 Ahavath Sholom." The congregation worshiped in this synagogue from 1906 to 1951. The building was torn down to create a parking lot.
- [Book Fair Poster 1965]
- Poster for the annual book fair "sponsored by the Council of Jewish Women," as noted on the front on the poster. Full poster text reads: "Book Fair, Give your Books Now to be Sold at Nominal Prices at the BOOK FAIR, APRIL 3 thru 11, SEMINARY SOUTH SHOPPING Center. PHONE WA3-7495 for FREE PICK-UP. PROCEEDS TO BENEFIT TARRANT COUNTY Youth Projects."
- [Congregation Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Class, 1960]
- Photograph of the 1960 confirmation class at Congregation Ahavath Sholom. There are four girls in white robes and six boys in black robes with bow ties. Rabbi Isadore Garsek stands in the center of the back row with them. The students are Carol Shannahoff, Laurel Beth Kimbrell, Annetta Lichtman, Marsha Berger, Sidney Cohen, Stanley Spigel, Marvin Meinstein, Gay Coplin, Larry Daiches, and Ivan Beckhoff.
- [Congregation Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Class, 1962]
- Photograph of the 1962 confirmation class at Congregation Ahavath Sholom. There are eleven girls in white robes and six boys in black robes and bow ties. Rabbi Isadore Garsek stands with them at the center in the back row wearing a tallis (prayer shawl). The students are Barbara Carol Tills, Ellen Beth Victor, Veronica Doskal, Rita Jean Battat, Carol Anne Cohen, Rosalyn Katz, Rochelle D. Berliner, Lana Laves, Pamela Rose Seigel, Vivian Levine, Dee Ann Stanley, Jerry Allen Paul, Stuart Schuster, Harry Saginaw, Harold Eisenman, Bernard White, and Darryl Rotenberg.
- [Congregation Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Class, 1967]
- Photograph of the 1967 confirmation class at Congregation Ahavath Sholom. There are five girls wearing white robes and ten boys wearing dark robes with bow ties standing on the bimah (alter). Rabbi Isadore Garsek stands with the students at the far right of the third row. Cantor Shimon Berris stands with the students at the far left of the second row. The students are Ann Schwartz, Linda Fleischmann, Shelly Goldberg, Terry Katzman, Kathy Lewis, Stanley Cohen, Irwin Blum, Allan Rosenthal, Ricky Cooper, Sheldon Jacobson, Kenneth Luskey, Howard Katz, Gary Leva, Allen Hamill, and Sidney Golden.
- [Congregation Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Class, 1968]
- Photograph of the 1968 confirmation class at Congregation Ahavath Sholom. There are seven girls wearing white robes and six boys wearing dark robes with bow ties. Rabbi Isadore Garsek stands at the far right in the first row, while Cantor Shimon Berris stands at the far left of the first row. The students are Barbi Garsek, Ava Fleischmann, Debbie Goodwin, Judith Beckoff, Linda Rice, Rene Moses, Lynn Fishbein, Mark Lidell, Henry Wolff, Tommy Sankary, Thomas Paul, Murray Cohen, and Steve Robinson.
- [Jewish Pre-School Students]
- Photograph of pre-school students at the Dan Danciger Jewish Community Center in Fort Worth, Texas. The students are arranged in five rows with students in the back two rows standing and the others are seated; the teachers are standing other either side of the students. From left to right, the teachers in the photograph are: Lil Goldman, Ceil Echt, Eunice Coy and Miriam Schultz.