This system will be undergoing maintenance Monday, January 23 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM CST.
Fort Worth Jewish Archives - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [1930 Ahavath Sholom Dues Statement]
- Bill for $125 in annual dues for the Ahavath Sholom Congregation, in Fort Worth, Texas. The dues statement is for congregation member, B. Max Mehl.
- [Letter to Ahavath Sholom]
- Typed letter from B. Max Mehl to the Ahavath Sholom Congregation. In the letter, Mehl responds to a dues statement sent to him from the congregation. The letter is requesting a corrected dues statement due to the congregation overcharging Mehl. The stationery includes a colored illustration at the top of the page that says, "Importer of and Dealer in Rare Coins, Medals, and Paper Money of all Countries and Periods"
- [1932 Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Class]
- Photograph of the 1932 Ahavath Sholom confirmation class standing around the altar (called a bimah) of the synagogue located at 823 Taylor Street in downtown Fort Worth, Texas. The members of the photograph, from left to right, are: Top row: Sylvia Engler (Roberts), Jesonda Gilbert (Fox), Sadye May Carshon (Garsek), Bessie Resnick, Lillian Rose Rabinowitz (Rosenthal), Rebecca Laves, Pearl Paul, Gussie Kruger, Dorothy Dworkin (Glazer), Sarah Weisblatt (Kragen), Rhoda Kershner. Bottom row: Jennie Moses (Winkler)(teacher), Rabbi Philip Graubart.
- [Congregation Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Certificate, 1934]
- A certificate of confirmation presented to Fay Rosenthal of the 1934 confirmation class at Congregation Ahavath Sholom. The certificate is signed by congregation Vice President L. F. Shanblum, Secretary Irving Klotzman, and Rabbi Philip Graubart. The confirmation class motto reads, "An Exalted Jewish Womanhood." The certificate has a gold seal with blue and white ribbons on it. At the top of the certificate, there is a picture of the Ten Commandments tablets.
- [Congregation Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Class, 1932]
- Copy photograph of the 1932 confirmation class at Congregation Ahavath Sholom. There are eleven girls in white dresses, holding bouquets and standing in a line on a platform. Their teacher, Jennie Moses (Winkler), and Rabbi Philip Graubart are standing in front of them. The students are Sylvia Engler (Roberts), Jesonda Gilbert (Fox), Sadye Maye Carshon (Garsek), Bessie Resnick, Lillian Rose Rabinowitz (Rosenthal), Rebecca Laves, Pearl Paul, Gussie Kruger, Dorothy Dworkin (Glazer), Sarah Weisblatt (Kragen), and Rhoda Kershner.