Description: Photograph of the 1949 confirmation class of at Congregation Ahavath Sholom. There are four girls in white dresses, holding bouquets and standing in a line. One boy stands at the center in the front row in a dark suit and tie. The teachers, Helen Levenson and Charlotte Siegel, and Rabbi Charles Blumenthal and Rabbi Isadore Garsek are standing behind them. The group is posed on the bimah (altar) at the synagogue. The students are Sandra Zaetler, Pearl Katz, David Rubin, Barbara Walensky, and Lillian Sankary.
Date: May 29, 1949
Item Type: Photograph