Gillespie County Historical Society - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Photograph of the Palo Alto School]

Description: Photograph of the Palo Alto school in 1907. The photograph centers on the fenced-in school yard where many children are playing. A few trees are scattered in the yard. The two school buildings can be seen in the background.
Date: 1907
Item Type: Photograph

[Portrait of a Teenage Boy]

Description: Portrait of a teenage boy. He is shown from his shoulders up. He is wearing a suit jacket and a plaid tie. On the bottom of the photo it says "Stanton Photo Company, Springfield, O." On the back there is a description on how to get Trilby photos made by the Stanton Photo Novelty Company.
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph

[Photograph of Enchanted Rock]

Description: Photograph of Enchanted Rock in Enchanted Rock State Natural Area. It is classified as a historical landmark and made of granite. On the back is a stamp for Keller's Studio.
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph

[Photograph of Balanced Rock]

Description: Photograph of Balanced Rock, a landmark perched atop of Bear Mountain. On the back is written "Picture by Art Kowert" and a stamp for Keller's Studio.
Date: unknown
Creator: Kowert, Arthur H.
Item Type: Photograph

[Photograph of a Group on Horseback]

Description: Photograph of a group on horseback. They are riding in a flat, empty space with trees in the background. Many of the people are wearing hats and there are a variety of horses.
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph

[Photograph of the Pioneer Museum Buildings]

Description: Photograph of the Pioneer Museum Buildings. The photograph is a side view of the buildings. There is a stone fence by the front building. A sign is behind the fence that says "Pioneer Museum." Another sign is by the front building that lists the hours for the souvenir shop.
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph

[Photograph of a Hay Baler]

Description: Photograph of the original hay baler. The photograph displays the machine and the small blocks of hay it makes. On the back it mentions the original patent holders of the device, William Wilke and Ira Wash and that the baler was operated by a mule on a tread mill.
Date: 1898/1899
Item Type: Photograph

[Photograph of a Kitchen]

Description: Photograph of a kitchen. There are various pots, pants, and kitchen utensils on the counters. There is a table with two chairs and a cabinet in the corner of the room. On the back is a stamp for Keller's Studio.
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph

[Photograph of the Pioneer Museum]

Description: Photograph of Pioneer Museum. The front building shown in the photograph is a small, one-story and the sign for the museum is by the sidewalk to the right of the house. On the back is a stamp for Keller's Studio.
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph

[Photograph of the Fredericksburg National Bank]

Description: Photograph of the front of Fredericksburg national bank. The bank is located at the corner of a street and at the front of the building are a couple of cars. The sign on the corner points out interstates, a highway, and how far away nearby cities are. On the back of the photograph there is a stamp for Keller's Studio and a note for the current location of the bank.
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph

[Photograph of the Main Street in Fredericksburg]

Description: Photograph of the main street in Fredericksburg. On the left side of the street is an Enco gas station and across from it, a sign for a Texaco station can be seen. Hotel Nimitz is on the right side of the street. On the back is a stamp for Keller's Studio.
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph

[Photograph of Gillespie County Court House]

Description: Photograph of the Gillespie County Court House. Shrubs line the walls outside and a flag flies at the top of the building. The building is two stories and on the back of the photograph, there is a stamp for Keller's Studio.
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph

[Photograph of a Methodist Church]

Description: Photograph of a Methodist Church. It is a white building with arched windows along the side and two doors and columns along the front. There is a cross on top. "First Methodist Church" appears above the columns. Mrs. McBride's name is written on the back.
Date: 1949
Item Type: Photograph