George Ranch Historical Park - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [Christmas card sent to Albert and Mamie George from the Treichler family]
- Christmas card sent to Albert and Mamie George from the Treichler family. The front cover reads: "Merry Christmas" in green script with holly and berries as decorations. The interior of the card has text in black along with family photographs. The basic message reads: "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year The Texas Treichlers Christmas 1952 Newgulf, Tex". The top center photograph is of an older couple. Beginning clockwise from this top photo: couple dressed in light colored shirts - "Ann Bob"; two children playing on the beach - "Andy John"; a baby in a swing (or some other type of seat) - "Stephen Randall Treichler 1st 1952 addition."; baby held on person's lap - "Paul Treichler Edquist 2nd 1952 Addition"; couple (man wearing glasses) in white shirts - "Jean Jan (?); blonde toddler wearing sleeveless shirt - "Herb III "T3""; couple with woman wearing dark blouse and man (facing woman) wearing whit shirt - "Virginia Herb II".
- [Greeting card sent to the Georges from the Lewis family]
- Greeting card that was sent to the Georges from the Lewis family. The card has a photograph of a young girl, who has blonde hair and wears eyeglasses, holding a cat in front of a ornate wooden framed mirror. The photo is framed by black line drawings of four thin Christmas trees with stars on top. Text at top of photo reads: "a very merry Christmas" with stars in between "very" and "merry". Written in top left corner of face of card: "over [encircled]". Written at bottom of photo in black ink (slightly smeared): "Bob, Do and Carol Lewis". Written on back of photo in blue ink: "12-20-58 Card sent - thanking Do and Bob Gray for the picture [underline].
- [Letter from Robinson Portraits to Mr. Tom Booth]
- Letter from Robinson Portraits to Mr. Tom Booth. Letterhead in blue: "Robinson Portraits Marijo Robinson One Studio Only Children and Pets [emblem] Member The Photographers Association of America 2912 Fannin, JA 9 - 1108 Houston 2, Texas Established 1935". The note reads as follows: "April 15 - 58 Mr. Tom Booth Richmond, Tex- 1-3 /14 [sic] x 4 1/4 colored copy in Frame - 5500 Paid April 16 - Robinson Portraits [sic] 1958". The photograph referred to in the letter is accession 2000.052.003b.
- [Manila envelope from R. W. Shirer]
- Manila envelope containing one photograph 2000.028.014b. The label on the envelope reads: "From R. W. Shirer 210 Westport Road Kansas City, Mo. Return Postage Guaranteed To Mr. C. M. Frost, 25th Floor Esperson Bldg., Houston 2, Texas." and is stamped "First Class Mail" to the top and left of the label. The envelope has a United States 10 cents Postage Stamp bearing the image of John Tyler 1841-1845 and is postmarked Kansas City Mo. Jul 29 6 PM 1955. Written in pencil across the front of envelope: "1/4 + 7/8 9/8" "9/16" On label and "C".