Aerial photograph of the George Ranch house and ranch site. The ranch house is the white wooden, two story building located in the bottom right corner of the photo. The house has four brick chimneys seen above the roof line. The top and bottom porches of the house are screened. Adjacent to the main house is the white round cistern house. The cistern house has a white railed stairway leading to the upper entrance. The white building to the left rear of the house is the smoke house. Two white wooden buildings near the left corner are the servants quarters. Barn 1 followed by barn 2 are situated above and slightly to the right of the servants quarters. Barn 3 is directly left of barn 3. Below barn 3 is the dipping vat with the teardrop (shaped) pen, and round pen. Written on back of photo in blue ink: "Albert George 1/13/53".
Aerial photograph of the George Ranch house and ranch site. The George Ranch house is the two story white wooden building located to the bottom center of the photograph. The house has four brick chimneys seen above the roof line. The upper and lower porches of the ranch house are screened. Adjacent to the ranch house is the white round cistern house with white railed stairway that leads to the upper entrance. The circular driveway is visible to the right of the main house. Other ranch buildings include the chicken house in bottom left corner; garage to the right of the chicken house; above and to the left of the garage are two small white wooden buildings (only one is visible, the other is obscured by trees) that are the servants quarters. The tall gable roofed building seen between the servants quarters and the main house (rear) is barn 1. Above barn 1 is barn 2. To the left of barn 2 is barn 3. Below barn 3 is the dipping vat with a teardrop pen and round pen. Cattle are feeding in the lot below the dipping vat. A bend of Dry Creek is visible between the trees that line it near center of photo. There is a pole barn with a windmill on far left center of photograph. George Ranch pastures in distance. Written on back of photo in blue ink: "1/13/53".
Aerial photograph of the George Ranch site. The highway near bottom right of photo, Farm to Market 762, leads to the George Ranch by turning left at the white wooden entryway. The ranch driveway is lined by white fence posts and trees. Cattle are grazing in the pasture near left bottom of photo. The George Ranch house is on the far left of photo. The two story white wooden house is obscured by large oak trees. There is a large barn to the right of the house and another smaller barn near center left. The town of Richmond is visible from center background to right background. Note the water tower near center right. Written in blue ink on back of photo: "Albert George" 1/13/53".
Green silk ribbon that states: "SIXTH PREMIUM BEEF CATTLE SANTA GERTRUDIS (STATE FAIR OF TEXAS SEAL IN CENTER) DALLAS PAN AMERICAN LIVESTOCK EXPOSITION DALLAS 1953". Old Object Term: Commemorative ribbon, livestock
Photograph of C. M. "Pete" Frost riding on a white horse in a parade (probably Houston Fat Stock Show and Livestock Exposition Parade) in Houston, Texas. Frost is wearing boots, dark pants, whit shirt, short jacket, western bolo tie, and large brimmed sombrero. Crowd of people standing on sidewalk. "Gordon's Quality Jewelers" store on left of photo. Other two story stucco buildings in background. Tall lamp post near right center. Written in black ink near bottom right corner of photo: "2/16/53 To my good Friend, A. P. George With Very Best Wishes Your friend C. M. "Pete" Frost". Written on back of photo in pencil: "530102".
Pink silk ribbon with a circular top and two strands of pink ribbon extending from center: "STATE FAIR OF TEXAS DALLAS (on center of circular top) (on left strand) PAN AMERICAN LIVESTOCK EXPOSITION STATE FAIR OF TEXAS - 1953 (on right strand) RESERVE CHAMPION BEEF CATTLE SANTA GERTRUDIS BULL" Old Object Term: Commemorative ribbon, livestock
Purple silk ribbon that states: "FIRST PREMIUM BEEF CATTLE SANTA GERTRUDIS (STATE FAIR OF TEXAS DALLAS IN CENTER) PAN AMERICAN LIVESTOCK EXPOSITION DALLAS 1953". Old Object Term: Commemorative ribbon, livestock
Photograph of an unidentified school in New York. The predominantly African-American school children are standing three rows deep, with a white female teacher on crutches on the right side of the picture, a white male teacher with glasses in back, center of the class and an African-American female teacher with glasses on the far left side of the class. There is one white girl with a ribbon in her dark hair, standing in the middle of the picture between an African-American boy on her right and an African-American girl on her left. On the back of the photo, handwritten: "From Hattie Jackson Brooklyn, N.Y. 167 Hoyt St. To Mrs. A.P. George Richmond, Texas April 16, 1953"