George Ranch Historical Park - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [Green silk ribbon from livestock exposition]
- Green silk ribbon that states: "SIXTH PREMIUM BEEF CATTLE SANTA GERTRUDIS (STATE FAIR OF TEXAS SEAL IN CENTER) PAN AMERICAN LIVESTOCK EXPOSITION DALLAS 1958". Old Object Term: Commemorative ribbon, livestock
- [Greeting card sent to the Georges from the Lewis family]
- Greeting card that was sent to the Georges from the Lewis family. The card has a photograph of a young girl, who has blonde hair and wears eyeglasses, holding a cat in front of a ornate wooden framed mirror. The photo is framed by black line drawings of four thin Christmas trees with stars on top. Text at top of photo reads: "a very merry Christmas" with stars in between "very" and "merry". Written in top left corner of face of card: "over [encircled]". Written at bottom of photo in black ink (slightly smeared): "Bob, Do and Carol Lewis". Written on back of photo in blue ink: "12-20-58 Card sent - thanking Do and Bob Gray for the picture [underline].
- [Letter from Robinson Portraits to Mr. Tom Booth]
- Letter from Robinson Portraits to Mr. Tom Booth. Letterhead in blue: "Robinson Portraits Marijo Robinson One Studio Only Children and Pets [emblem] Member The Photographers Association of America 2912 Fannin, JA 9 - 1108 Houston 2, Texas Established 1935". The note reads as follows: "April 15 - 58 Mr. Tom Booth Richmond, Tex- 1-3 /14 [sic] x 4 1/4 colored copy in Frame - 5500 Paid April 16 - Robinson Portraits [sic] 1958". The photograph referred to in the letter is accession 2000.052.003b.
- [A studio portrait of a toddler girl and a young boy]
- Photograph of a toddler girl and a boy. In this studio portrait, the girl is wearing a short sleeved light colored dress with cowl neck, and a band of lace near waist line; the boy is wearing a dark suit, white shirt, and striped bow tie. The young man has his left arm around the waist of the girl.
- [A young man wearing dark pants and a red shirt]
- Color photograph of a boy. In this studio portrait, the young man is wearing dark pants, red shirt with drawings of masks, stripes, and other patterns horizontally across the shirt, and a white undershirt. The young man is standing in front of a wooden chair. He has his right arm draped across the back of the chair, and his left hand is resting on his right hand. A letter in reference to this portrait is accessioned 2000.052.003b is addressed to Mr. Tom Booth. The photograph is secured in a light brown cardboard matte by yellowed tape. Image dimensions are: 9.4 cm x 11.9 cm.