George Ranch Historical Park - 112 Matching Results
This system will be undergoing maintenance January 24th 9:00-11:00AM CST.
- [An unidentified woman standing in front of a brick house]
- Color photograph of an unidentified woman standing in front of a brick house. The woman, who is wearing a plaid dress, has her right hand on an ornate wrought iron trellis that is near the front porch of the brick house. There is a flower bed enclosed by wire fencing near the northeast corner of the house. Top of a small tree in left foreground; driveway on left; garage in left background.
- [Virginia Lee (Nichols) Feeny wearing a cap and gown]
- Photograph of Virginia Lee (Nichols) Feeny. Virginia, who wears glasses, has short dark hair. In this outdoor photo, Virginia is wearing a graduation cap and gown. She is holding paper (diploma) folded in her right hand. There is a large tree in center background, sidewalk in left background, and shrub in right background. More trees in distance. The photograph has scalloped edges. Written on back in blue ink: "Virginia Lee (Nichols) Feeny".
- [W.A. Hughes wearing a hat and a polka dotted tie]
- Bust photograph of W.A. Hughes. He is wearing a dark coat, with a white handkerchief in the left pocket, a dark collared shirt and a polka dotted tie. He has on a light colored hat. Embossed on lower, right corner, photographer's mark: "MURILLO STUDIO GALVESTON TEX."
- [White silk livestock exposition ribbon]
- White silk ribbon that states: "THIRD PREMIUM SHORTHORN BREEDING CATTLE HOUSTON FAT STOCK SHOW & LIVESTOCK EXPOSITION HOUSTON, TEXAS 1950". Old Object Term: Commemorative ribbon, livestock
- [William Ryon wearing a dark jacket and cravat]
- Pre-1971 copy of an original oval photograph of William Ryon. In the bust portrait, Ryon is wearing a dark jacket and vest with white shirt and dark cravat. His gray hair is thinning at the top and curls above his ears. Underneath the picture is hand-written in pen: "Colonel Wm. Ryon for George A. B. order Choose best one for Copper Plate - Tex" On the lower, right hand corner is written the date "8/29/55" in pencil. On the back, lower, right hand side is written: "3774/159/133"
- [A woman picking vegetables in a garden]
- Photograph (copy) of an African-American woman picking vegetables in a garden. The woman is wearing a white short sleeved dress with a hemline just below the knee. There are wooden posts on the other side of the garden; partial view of small white wooden building in left background; partial view of a wooden building on left; trees in distance. There is grass in the foreground with the shadow of a person wearing a hat near center right.
- [Yellow livestock exposition ribbon]
- Yellow ribbon that states: "FIFTH PREMIUM BRAHMAN BREEDING CATTLE HOUSTON FAT STOCK SHOW & LIVESTOCK EXPOSITION HOUSTON, TEXAS 1950". Old Object Term: Commemorative ribbon, livestock
- [Yellow silk livestock exposition ribbon]
- Yellow silk ribbon that states: "FIFTH PREMIUM BRAHMAN BREEDING CATTLE HOUSTON FAT STOCK SHOW & LIVESTOCK EXPOSITION HOUSTON, TEXAS 1950" Old Object Term: Commemorative ribbon, livestock
- [A young man on a sidewalk in Hollywood, California]
- Outdoor photograph of a young man posed on a city sidewalk. Written on the back of the photograph in blue ink: "Hollywood, California Easter Sunday 1955". The man is wearing dark shoes and belt, light colored pleated slacks, and long sleeved white shirt. He is posed with his hand on his left hip as he stands next to a tree trunk on a cement sidewalk. A canopy covered walkway leads to a tall brick building in background. There is a man walking toward canopy area on far left of photograph. The photograph has scalloped edging at top and bottom borders.
- [A young man wearing a graduation gown with cap and tassel]
- Studio portrait of a young man wearing a graduation gown with cap and tassel. A white shirt with tie is visible above the neckline of the gown. The photograph was enclosed in folder 2000.057.027a.
- [A young man wearing dark pants and a red shirt]
- Color photograph of a boy. In this studio portrait, the young man is wearing dark pants, red shirt with drawings of masks, stripes, and other patterns horizontally across the shirt, and a white undershirt. The young man is standing in front of a wooden chair. He has his right arm draped across the back of the chair, and his left hand is resting on his right hand. A letter in reference to this portrait is accessioned 2000.052.003b is addressed to Mr. Tom Booth. The photograph is secured in a light brown cardboard matte by yellowed tape. Image dimensions are: 9.4 cm x 11.9 cm.
- [A young woman wearing a black drape]
- Studio bust portrait of a young woman. The woman, who has short hair that is curled at temples and at ears, is wearing a black drape that is traditionally worn for graduation photographs.