Description: Photograph of the J.H.P. Davis house. The house is a white wooden two story home with first and second story porches. The porches have wooden railing and round white columns for support. This photograph shows the north/east faï¿½ade of the house. Note the water tank to the west (right of photo) side of the house that was built in September - October 1895 and was painted by December 21, 1895. Brick chimneys are visible on the east and west sides of the house. There is a portico on the east side. A small building with dome shaped roof is located between the main house and the storage tank. The house is enclosed by a white picket fence with three trees on outside of fence. Page attached to the back of the photograph has writing in black ink that reads: "Early J. H. P. Davis House". Information provided by "Internship Report Davis Complex Research/Planning George Ranch Historical Park" by Michael Moore. This photograph were given to the George Foundation by the Fort Bend Museum.
Item Type: Refine your search to only Photograph