Description: Aerial photograph of the George Ranch house and ranch site. The George Ranch house is the two story white wooden building located to the bottom center of the photograph. The house has four brick chimneys seen above the roof line. The upper and lower porches of the ranch house are screened. Adjacent to the ranch house is the white round cistern house with white railed stairway that leads to the upper entrance. The circular driveway is visible to the right of the main house. Other ranch buildings include the chicken house in bottom left corner; garage to the right of the chicken house; above and to the left of the garage are two small white wooden buildings (only one is visible, the other is obscured by trees) that are the servants quarters. The tall gable roofed building seen between the servants quarters and the main house (rear) is barn 1. Above barn 1 is barn 2. To the left of barn 2 is barn 3. Below barn 3 is the dipping vat with a teardrop pen and round pen. Cattle are feeding in the lot below the dipping vat. A bend of Dry Creek is visible between the trees that line it near center of photo. There is a pole barn with a windmill on far left center of photograph. George Ranch pastures in distance. Written on back of photo in blue ink: "1/13/53".
Date: January 13, 1953
Item Type: Photograph