Henderson County District Clerk's Office - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- Documents pertaining to the case of Howeth vs. Mills, et al., cause no. 132, 1855-1856
- Documents pertaining to the case of Howeth vs. Mills, et al. include copies of the initial judgement in the case of Mills & Jockush vs. Walton & Tuggle which took place in Galveston County as well as the motion for a new trial. The documents pertsaining to the resulting case in Henderson County include (but are not limited to) supoenas and citations for summons of persons involved on both sides of the case, exceptions and answers from the defendant (and a later, amended answer), writs of injunction, bonds, a motion to perpetrate injunction, a motion to instruct the jury, a motion to enter evidence for the plaintiff, and a statement to the jury. Documents were submitted to the District Court of Henderson County and filed by the clerk.
- Documents pertaining to the case of Mills & Jackush vs. Almyra Walton, cause no. 136, 1855
- Documents relating to the right to property case of Mills & Jackush vs. Almyra Walton include several copies of mark and brand records used by Mr. and Mrs. Walton, as well as documents from the trial which include, but are not limited to: interrogatories to be propounded to Henry Harris with a copy, a citation for Almyra Walton, a subpoena to summon Tandy Howeth, a statement by attorneys about the trial to right of property, exceptions for plaintiff, interrogatories and cross interrogatories to be propounded to Thomas J. Walton, a copy of interrogatories and commissions, a notice from the attorneys of the defendent, statements from two different juries, and the facts, exceptions and rulings judge as well as a statement certifying that the property was not delivered as ruled. Documents were submitted to the District Court of Henderson County and filed by the Clerk.
- Documents pertaining to the case of R. H. Alexander vs. Elias A. Carroll, cause no. 191, 1856
- Documents relating to the case of R. H. Alexander vs. Elias A. Carroll include citation to summon witnesses for plaintiff, many copies of interrogatories and cross-interrogatories to be propounded to the witnesses by the attorneys of both parties, notices to parties about the intention to seek answers from witnesses, answers and exceptions, motions to suppress the deposition of Julius Brown, a statement of facts, a statement from the defense, motions for a new trial, special exceptions, and the charge to the court by R. A. Reeves, presiding judge with the jury findings. Documents were submitted to the District Court of Henderson County and filed by the Clerk.