Heritage House Museum - 46 Matching Results

Search Results

[Frances Ann Lutcher Hospital]

Description: Photograph of the south side of the Frances Ann Lutcher Hospital in 1950. It is a four-story brick building seen from Second Street.
Date: 1950
Creator: Clough's

[Tilley School in Riverside]

Description: Photograph of the Tilley School in Riverside. Later this building became part of Lamar University. There is a swing set in the school yard and some bicycles parked near the side doorway.
Date: 1950
Creator: Clough's

[Orange Tigers "B" Squad, 1951]

Description: Photograph of the Orange Tigers Football "B" Squad. They are in front of a building with "Orange High School Tigers" written on it.
Date: 1951
Creator: Flickinger, B.D.

[Stark Hi Twirlers]

Description: Photograph of seven girls who are members of the "Stark Hi Twirlers" They wear uniforms and boots and carry batons. They are posed as if marching across a field.
Date: 1951
Creator: Flickinger, B.D.

[Sabine River Authority Offices Drawing]

Description: Photograph of an architectural drawing of the Sabine River Authority Office Building, Canal Division, in Orange, Texas. The drawing is by Dimitri Demopulos. The building was designed by Golemon & Rolfe A.I.A. Architects and Engineers.
Date: 1950/1959
Creator: Golemon and Rolfe A.I.A. Architects and Engineers

[Holland Hotel]

Description: Photograph of several cars in front of the Holland Hotel. Texas Optical and a jewelry store are near the hotel.
Date: 1950~
Creator: Gunn's Studio

[St. Mary's Catholic Church]

Description: Photograph of St. Mary's Catholic Church in Orange, Texas. It is located at Orange Avenue and Eighth Street. The church entrance includes a bell tower with a steeple on top.
Date: 1950~
Creator: Lawless and Son


Description: Photograph of the tugboat named "Captain Chris Harms" or Harm's Marine Service, Orange, Texas. The print has some painting and cropping instructions on it.
Date: 1955~
Creator: Pridgen's Studio

[Warehouse under Construction]

Description: Photograph of a warehouse under construction. The concrete floors are still wet and the wooden structure of the building can be seen.
Date: 1950
Creator: Pridgen's Studio

[Street scene]

Description: Photograph of street scene in Orange. The view is from 5th Street looking south from Green St.
Date: 1950/1959
Creator: Richard Poland

[Aerial View of Orange, Texas]

Description: Aerial photograph of Orange, Texas. Many of the buildings in the photograph are now gone. Mrs. Lutcher Stark of Orange bought most of the downtown properties and built a performing arts theater and museum. The buildings that did survive are mostly occupied by Lamar University, Orange extension. The Sabine River is on the lower left.
Date: 1950

[Attendant at a Humble Gas Station]

Description: Photograph of a Humble gas station attendant standing next to a gas pump around 1950. His uniform has a "Humble" patch on the shirt.
Date: 1950~

[Caution - Bad Bridge]

Description: Photograph of a sign reading, "Caution Bad Bridge 1000ft. Drive Slow" The sign is standing in water from the flood of the Sabine River in 1953.
Date: 1953

[Classroom at Tilley School]

Description: Photograph of two students in a classroom at the Tilley School in Orange, Texas. They are pointing to a poster of book covers of American biographies. Looking on are Principal Myrtle Richardson ans teacher Mary Lynn Weir.
Date: 1950

[Crime Scene in Orange, Texas]

Description: Photograph of a crime scene. L - R : Captain L.B. Haydon, Deputy Sheriff Red Bland, Robert Charles Henderson, Alton Williams, and Sheriff Chester Holt. A victim named Mrs. Nick Leon was leaving Weingarten's on Turrett Rd. when she was robbed and stabbed. Henderson was the suspect. He was arrested on September 15, 1952 for the offence.
Date: 1952

[Dr. Siddon's Home]

Description: Photograph of Dr. Siddon's home at 509 Seventh Street in Orange, Texas. Many trees surround this two-story home.
Date: 1952~

[First Presbyterian Church]

Description: Photograph of the First Presbyterian Church in Orange, Texas. This building is also know as the Lutcher Memorial Building because it was was planned, built and underwritten by Mrs. Henry Jacob (Frances Ann) Lutcher as a memorial to the Henry Jacob Lutcher Family. It is an example of classic Greek Revival architecture, completed in 1912. It was one of the earliest air-conditioned buildings in the United States. The church has a large copper dome, large granite Corinthian columns on the front, and exquisite stained-glass windows.
Date: 1950

[Goldfine's Store]

Description: Photograph of the interior of Goldfine's Department Store. The shoe department is to the left and men's clothing is to the right.
Date: 1950~

[IOOF Hall in Orange, Texas]

Description: Photograph of the IOOF Hall the corner of Main and Fourth Streets. Beneath the club is a Toyland store. Automobiles are parked on the curbs.
Date: 1950~

[Lenore Gasow's Graduation Luncheon]

Description: Photograph of Lenore Gasow's graduation luncheon. Eleven friends stand outdoors under an awning and behind a flower garden in this group portrait. The women all wear dresses, hats and gloves.
Date: June 1958