This system will be undergoing maintenance Monday, January 23 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM CST.
Houston Metropolitan Research Center at Houston Public Library - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [Arturo Rosales standing at podium]
- Photograph of Arturo Rosales, Professor of Chicano History at the University of Houston, standing at a podium. Rosales is wearing glasses and a white shirt.
- [Decorated car with banner in Fiestas Patrias parade]
- Photograph of a decorated car with banner in the Fiestas Patrias parade, 1978.
- [Decorated Fiestas Patrias car]
- Photograph of a decorated Fiestas Patrias car, 1978.
- [Fiestas Patrias parade near Rice Hotel]
- Photograph of Fiestas Patrias parade near the Rice Hotel, 1978.
- [Houston Mexican Chamber of Commerce float in front of Kress building]
- Photograph of Houston Mexican Chamber of Commerce float in front of the Kress building, Fiestas Patrias Parade, 1978.
- [Letter from Daniel Zermeno about an amendment to the Texas Constitution - 1978-11-01]
- Letter from commander Daniel Zermeno of American Legion Department of Texas to vote on an amendment to the State constitution (Article XIII) about no proxy vote allowed. The letter also explains that it is permissible to hold a position as the Post Officers or Building Corporation Directors or any other post business if one has attended at least 3 post meetings prior to election date.
- [Photograph of Miss Fiestas Patrias in parade car]
- Photograph of Miss Fiestas Patrias 1977-78, Martha Quintanilla, waving in a parade car, 1978. Sakowitz Building in background.
- [Photograph of Rice Hotel]
- Photograph of the Rice Hotel, 1978.
- [Power of attorney for Charles W. Norman]
- Power of attorney for Charles W. Norman. He appoints Kathrine Mary Norman of Harris County, Texas on May 22, 1978.
- [Spectators at Fiestas Patrias parade]
- Photograph of spectators at Fiestas Patrias parade, 1978.
- [Voter Registration card for Rudolph C. Vara, 1978]
- Voter Registration card for Rudolph C. Vara, 1978. His address is given. The card has his signature.