Houston Metropolitan Research Center at Houston Public Library - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [Wirtz expects farm hands to unionize, part two]
- Newspaper clipping of the comments U.S. Labor Secretary W. Willard Wirtz made during his speech at the 1966 LULAC conference in Houston. Wirtz discussed why farm field hands should be unionized. Article also contains Wirtz's comments at a press conference.
- [Woman and children in front of stores]
- Photograph of a woman holding a young boy and a young girl close to her sides. Several stores are visible behind them, including: Botica Guadalupe Drugs, a liquor store, a hotel, and a radio shop.
- [Woman in front of Alamo Furniture Company shop]
- Photograph of a woman standing in the doorway of the Alamo Furniture Company shop.
- [Women's society conference]
- Photograph of a women's society conference on March 28, 1940.
- [Wooded area by Miller's Lake]
- Photograph of a wooded area by Miller's Lake.
- [Young musicians on stage]
- Photograph of three young musicians on stage with their instruments. From left to right: a boy with a banjo ; a girl with a xylophone ; a girl with a guitar.
- [Young women and children with a nun]
- Photograph of young women and children with a nun in front of a building.
- [Young women with corsages being pinned on]
- Photograph of young women with corsages being pinned on.