This system will be undergoing maintenance Monday, January 23 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM CST.
Houston Metropolitan Research Center at Houston Public Library - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [Girls basketball team, Holding Institute, San Antonio, Texas]
- Photograph of the girls basketball team, San Antonio Texas. In the center, a player is holding a basketball marked, "HH 24". Back row, from left to right: Juana Gomez ; Mary Dobbs ; Myrtie Jones, Captain ; Eula Hill ; Mary Nixon. Middle row, from left to right: Anita Alarcon ; Wilson ; Carmen Rodriguez ; Francisco Perez ; Ema Trevino. Front row, from left to right: Consuelo de Leon ; Noemi Cavazos ; Celia Osuna.
- [Boys basketball team, Holding Institute, San Antonio, Texas]
- Photograph of the Boys Basketball Team at the Holding Institute, San Antonio, Texas. Team for the years 1923-24. In the center, a player is holding a ball marked 1924. First row, left to right: Captain Ralph W. Emerson ; Lafitto Jesus Kawas ; Manuel Garcia ; Corrado Alvarado ; Hidalgo Ramos. Second row, left to right: Eloi Leal ; Roberto Goreno ; Solomon Masso ; Alfredo Barrero ; Fidelio Guerero.
- [Photograph of a young boy in a suit]
- Photograph of a boy wearing a three-piece suit holding a candle.
- [Photograph of a family next to train tracks]
- Photograph of an older man and woman, both wearing large hats, sitting beside train tracks with a young child. Several bags and baskets lay next to the group.
- [Mexican American housing in San Antonio, 1920s]
- Photograph of Mexican American houses in San Antonio, during the 1920s. Four small structures are visible, as well as three men and a young child. At the foreground is a large pile of branches and sticks.
- Farm Security
- Photograph of workers lined up outside Dillon & Dexter Pecan Factory, in San Antonio, Texas.