Houston Metropolitan Research Center at Houston Public Library - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [Advertisement of a baseball game between Ellington Field and Southern Select]
- Advertisement of a baseball game, Ellington Field vs. Southern Select, to be played at the Cleveland Diamond field, on Sunday April 19, 1942 at 2:30 p.m. The names of the players of each team are shown in the poster. The poster also contains advertisements.
- [Advertisement of a baseball game between Seguin Apaches and Southern Select]
- Advertisement for two baseball games to be played between Seguin Apaches and Southern Select at the Cleveland Diamond field, Houston, Texas on Sunday, July 26, 1942 starting at 3 p.m. The names of the players of each team are shown on the poster. Entrance fee: Men: 35 cents ; Women: 20 cents plus taxes.
- [Advertisement of a baseball tournament at Cleveland Diamond field]
- Poster advertisement of a baseball grand tournament to be played beginning August 25, 1940 at the Cleveland Diamond field, Houston, Texas. The tournament is offered by the "Aces Fours Recreational Club" called the Latin American Baseball tournament. The first team to play is Aztecas vs. Sugarland, starting at 10 a.m. ; the second team is Port Arthur vs. Southern Select playing at 1:45 p.m.; the third team is Galveston 'Blue Moon' vs. New Gulf Tigers, playing at 4:00 p.m. The entrance fee is 33 cents.