Hardin-Simmons University Library - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- Postcard of Community
- Copy negative of two postcard pictures. The first is of the Texas State Capitol building in Austin, Texas at nighttime, with a statue, trees, and landscaping in front. The second picture is of a small building in Langtry, Texas with signs reading "Judge Roy Bean," "Notary Public," "Justice of the Peace," "Law West of the Pecos," "Jersey Lilly," and "Ice Beer." There are four men on horseback on the left, one on the right, and four men on the porch. There is a note about Judge Roy Bean at the top of the postcard.
- Men on Porch and Horses
- Copy negative of a group of men including Judge Roy Bean and Jersey Lilly. A description on the image reads "Judge Roy bean, the "Law West of the Pecos," holding court at the old town of Langtry, Texas, in 1900, trying a horse thief. This building was courthouse and saloon. No other peace officers in the locality at that time."
- Band Students with Mexican Colonel
- Copy negative of members of the McMurry Band standing with officers and a Mexical Colonel in Del Rio, Texas.
- Band Students
- Copy negative of the McMurry Band standing together on a street in Del Rio Texas. Some of the students are in uniform, but most of the girls aren't. There are buildings lining the street, a bus behind them, and the location is written at the top left of the photograph.
- Men with Bicycles Outside Building
- Copy negative of a group of men with two bicycles and a baby standing outside the Jersey Lilly Saloon. The bearded man at front center is Judge Roy Bean. There are signs on the front of the building advertising beer and the judge.
- Men with Horses Outside Building
- Copy negative of a horse thief's trial held at the Jersey Lilly Saloon by Judge Roy Bean. The court proceedings are taking place on the porch of the saloon, with one man sitting on a barrel. There are men on horses on the left. A horse and a man on a donkey are on the right. There are signs on the front of the building. A paragraph at the bottom explains more about the scene.