Hardin-Simmons University Library - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- Cameron County
- Blue line print of survey map of Cameron County, Texas, showing rivers, creeks, original land grants or surveys, cities, towns, and railroads. Scale [ca. 1:200,000] (8000 varas to the inch).
- Child in Bed Eating Meal; Nurses Preparing Meal Trays
- Copy photograph of two images. In the top image a polio patient sits up in bed eating from a tray. She is smiling at the camera. In the bottom image two nurses prepare plates of food. A man can be seen in the background.
- Child in High Chair
- Copy negative of a child in a high chair at the Polio Unit in Harlingen, Texas.
- Children at Polio Unit Eating; Children at Polio Unit Napping
- Copy photograph of two images of children in a polio unit. In the top image several children lie on blankets on the floor. The child in the foreground is looking at the camera. In the bottom image six children sit at tables eating. A nurse stands behind one of the children.
- Copy photograph of two images of polio unit nurses. In the top image a nurse poses with her right hand on her hip. She is reaching for something in a closet behind her. In the bottom image, a nurse sits at a desk. In the background is a refrigerator.
- Nurses and Polio Victims on Stretcher
- Copy negative of two pictures. The first is of nurse Ella Denton at the Polio Unit in Harlingen, Texas. The second picture is of nurses Olivia and Nettie Carlson with polio victims on a stretcher outside a building.