Killeen City Library System - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Bass Grocery]

Description: Photograph of the Bass Grocery store in downtown Killeen. Text next to photo reads, "A Quiet Day - in the early 1930s, traffic is light in this photo looking south on 6th Street (Gray) from the Avenue C intersection. A Killeen native remembering the depression days says,'The town was just about that dead, too!' "
Date: unknown

Bell Haven Nursing Home

Description: Color photograph of Bell Haven Nursing Home in Killeen, Texas. There is a water tower behind the building and automobiles in the parking lot.
Date: unknown

Bernice Bay

Description: School photo of Bernice Bay with the word "princess" written on the right.
Date: unknown

[The Boyd family in 1908]

Description: "In the Fall of 1908, the Boyd family posed along with their wagon, drawn by five horses, on the family's farm. The Boyd home, in the background (at right) is still standing on what is known as "the old Drake place."
Date: 1908

[Building a New Church]

Description: Thirteen men working on the construction of a church building in Killeen, Texas. They are preparing to put the roof on the building.
Date: unknown

[Businessmen and Women]

Description: Group with two women and three men in business attire. One man has a beard. Two of the men wear glasses. There is a patch on one man's jacket that appears to say, "Killeen Chamber of Commerce" with an emblem of Texas.
Date: unknown

Central Freight Lines, Killeen

Description: This is the Central Freight Lines facility in Killeen, possibly on Business Hwy. 190. Trailers surround the docks and cars are parked around the building.
Date: unknown

[Central Texas College]

Description: Aerial view of Central Texas College prior to the construction of the new, multi-lane Highway 190. The bell tower and duck pond are visible near the front center of the photo, where a U-shaped drive is clearly seen. In addition to the campus buildings and automobiles in the photograph, a large area of mostly flat, barren land is visible along with a few hills. The The college opened September 19, 1967.
Date: 1960~

[Children]

Description: Photograph of four children standing near a house. An automobile is parked behind them. The three boys all wear hats.
Date: unknown