League City Helen Hall Library - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[American Red Cross Representatives]

Description: Photograph of a group of women in the League City Red Cross, sitting together at a small table and making blankets. According to a handwritten note on the back, most of the women are identified from left to right as the wives of their husbands, namely: Mrs. O.V. King, Mrs. John P. Atkinson, Mrs. Salmon, Mrs. Birkmeyer, and Mrs. Benson.
Date: 191u

[The Butler Building]

Description: Photograph of the Butler Building, a historic two-story League City building located on Second Street which was then known as King's Trail. A few horses and horse-drawn wagons are parked just outside the building. Three men are standing in the open doorway of the building; the man on the far right is John P. Atkinson, according to accompanying information.
Date: December 29, 1909

[The Butler Building]

Description: Photograph of the Butler Building, a historic two-story League City building located on Second Street which was then known as King's Trail. Two horses, one of them tethered to a wagon, are standing just outside the building. Several men are standing in a line near the building entrance; one of the men is John P. Atkinson, according to accompanying information.
Date: December 29, 1909
Creator: Schlueter, F. J.

[City-Wide Halloween Prank]

Description: Postcard photograph of five children in front of a building with multiple signs on Main Street (now Second Street) in League City. A note on the back of the postcard states that they are looking west toward the railroad station and that this is a Halloween prank.
Date: unknown

[Dismuke House]

Description: Photograph of the Dismuke House, which was located on the west side of South Kansas Street near the League City School in League City, Texas. Billy Dismuke worked for the Butlers. Three young children are posed with two dogs in front of the wooden house.
Date: unknown

[League City Railroad Shop]

Description: Photograph of the historic League City Railroad Shop, a warehouse building with a wide entrance. The shop workers are gathered together in front of the warehouse. According to a handwritten note on the back, the man at the center wearing the vest is O.V. King and to his right is R.H. Scholes, the superintendent or foreman.
Date: unknown

[League City School]

Description: Postcard photograph of the front entrance of League City School, nicknamed "The Big School," located on South Kansas Street. A note on the back of the postcard states that the building was built in 1912 or 1915 and housed third grade to high school classes.
Date: 1912

[League City School]

Description: Postcard photograph of the League City School, nicknamed "The Big School." South Kansas Street is on the right side of the image, and power lines are in the foreground. A note on the back of the postcard states that the building was built in 1912 or 1915.
Date: 1912

[League City School Fourth Grade Class, 1920]

Description: Photograph of the 1920 fourth grade class of League City School, also known as the big school. The building, which is partially visible behind the class, has a brick exterior. The class is arranged in three rows; the first two rows are seated while the third row is standing. According to writing on the back, the name of the sixth girl from the left on the middle row is Flora Atkinson.
Date: 1920