This system will be undergoing maintenance Monday, January 23 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM CST.
Lambshead Ranch, Matthews Land and Cattle Company - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [Richard Avedon in the Reynolds Bend Schoolhouse]
- Photograph of Richard Avedon inside the Reynolds Bend schoolhouse. He stands to the right of a wooden desk with one hand resting on the desk. On the wall behind him are two chalkboards positioned between wooden shelves. There are chalk drawings of buffalo skulls and animals by Bill Cauble on the left chalkboard. "Bryant" is written next to a heart on the right chalkboard. In the foreground is a pipe stove. The room has wood floors and wood benches on either side.
- [Stone Building Under Construction]
- Photograph of a stone building under construction. Stone blocks are scattered among the foreground in front of the partially built wall. A group of people stand near a doorway that is being propped up with lumber.
- [Elders in a Field]
- Photograph of four elderly people in a field. Three elderly sisters (Sallie, Lucile, and Ethel) are seated in the field with the elderly Watt Matthews standing behind them with his hands on the first and third lady. A prickly pear cactus grows to the right of the group.
- [Crowd Seated for an Event at a Stele]
- Photograph of a crowd of people seated before a large rock. The crowd, left, is made up of various ages and races of people, with some standing along the edge of the mass. To the right, a group of people are situated in a line to the sides of a rock that is half again the size of a person. The rock is broad and thin and has a hide on its front. A man in a pink shirt (Bob Green) leans against the rock to the right, while another man (Joe Blanton)stands in front of it. Cars can be seen parked in the background.
- [Photo-postcard to Watt Matthews]
- Postcard sent to Watt Matthews by photographer Richard Avedon and writer/photographer Laura Wilson. Image on the postcard is of Wilson and Avedon in a hay field. Wilson is lying on top of a bale of hay. To her left, Avedon is jumping with a cowboy hat in his hand. Message on the back reads: "Still on the road. Still grateful." Signed: "Laura and 'Old' Dick."
- [Laura Wilson, Richard Avedon, and Watt Matthews in the Cookshack]
- Photograph of (left to right) Laura Wilson, Richard Avedon, and Watt Reynolds Matthews sitting in the cookshack at Matthews Ranch headquarters. Wilson is holding a notepad, and she and Avedon appear to be listening to Matthews as he talks. Avedon is wearing a cowboy hat given to him by Matthews. In the background are two picnic tables with checkered table cloths.
- [Stone Wall Under Construction]
- Photograph of a stone wall under construction. Stones are scattered in front of the wall near a indention that is being held up with lumber. Wooden poles protrude upward from the wall.
- [Group of People outside of a Ranch House]
- Photograph of over twenty people at various stages in their adult lives who are gathered in front of a stone ranch house. Three elderly sisters (Sallie, Lucile, and Ethel) sit in chairs in front of the group.
- [Ronald Reagan Shaking Watt Matthews' Hand]
- Photograph of President Ronald Regan congratulating Watt Reynolds Matthews at the Cowboy Hall of Fame. The men are facing the camera shaking hands and standing in front of a blue backdrop. Written on the mat below the photo is the inscription: "To Watt Matthews With Best Wishes - Ronald Regan." Photo is labeled on the back: "Cowboy Hall - July 21, 1989 WATT MATTHEWS."
- [Restored Stone Ranch]
- Photograph of ranch buildings in a field. A small building with a chimney is sitting to the left of a larger building that has a chimney on either side, two windows, and a door.