Description: Dr. Thomas L. Hunter was a dentist who came to Marshall in 1917 and practiced there more than 50 years. Born around 1884 in Navasota, Texas, he was educated at Prairie View College and Meharry Medical College. He was active in church, charitable, and civic organizations. He was honored by Meharry, the National Dental Association, and Wiley College for his contributions to dentistry and to education. He died November 14, 1969, and was buried in the Rose Hill Garden Cemetery.