This flag flew over the Capitol before flying over the Marshall Public Library. The Ladies Auxiliary of Post 3969 presented the flag in formal ceremonies to Louis Kariel (right of flag), chairman of the library's Board of Trustees. The gift was arranged through Congressman Sam B. Hall, Jr. of Harrison County.
The north facade of Marshall High School viewed from W. Houston Avenue. The building housed the high school grades from 1939 -1988. Then it became Marshall Junior High School. The southeast part of this acreage is the former site of Marshall University, now designated with a Texas historical marker.