In 1972, the local chapter of the Jaycee Jaynes held a game night to benefit the building funds for the Marshall Public Library and Marshall Memorial Hospital. Seated left to right, Mrs. Tom Wynn, Mrs. John Carrington, and Mrs. Kenneth White confer about door prizes.
At the grand opening of the first McDonald's in Marshall, Texas, Mrs. Audrey Kariel performed the traditional ribbon-cutting ceremony as McDonald's officials, John Gehl and Gerald Stiles, look on. Attached to the ribbon were 100 one dollar bills, which were presented to Mrs. Kariel as a donation to the Marshall Public Library building fund. Mrs. Kariel was a member of the library board of trustees and a director of the Friends of a Public Library group that spear-headed the fund drive.
Audrey Kariel performs the ribbon-cutting for the first McDonald's in Marshall, Texas on October 20, 1972. The ribbon held 100 one-dollar bills which were donated to the building fund for the new Marshall Public Library, which opened one year later.
The Longhorn Division of Thiokol Chemical Corp. made the first of three donations to the building fund for Marshall Public Library in 1972. Herschel Q. Holly, right, present a $1000 check to Fenn Lewis, center, president of the Friends of a Public Library. Looking on at left is Max Lale, staff assistant, plant relations.