Marshall Public Library - 742 Matching Results

Search Results

[Class Meets at Library]

Description: A career education class meets in the Gold Auditorium at Marshall Public Library. The auditorium was equipped with the latest audio-visual technology when the library was built in 1973. This class, meeting in 1978, made use of that technology shown in the picture. The auditorium has been in demand almost continuously for many purposes since the library was built.
Date: 1978

[Continental Trailways Depot, Marshall]

Description: Continental Trailways gave intercity bus service to Marshall from the mid-1950s until the late 1980s, when the franchise passed into the ownership of Greyhound Bus Lines. This depot, built during the mid-1960s, is located at 201 S. Bolivar Street in the downtown area. The picture likely dates from that time.
Date: unknown

[Dave Beachum]

Description: An African-American man in Harrison County, Dave Beachum. He was an educator in the Marshall area. Mr. Beachum was married to Emmaline Leffall. She was the daughter of Calvin and Mariah Leffall (former slaves who settled in Elysian Fields slightly outside of Marshall). The Leffall family has been in the Marshall area since the late 1870's
Date: unknown