Marfa Public Library - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- CCC Camp
- Photograph of the Civilian Conservation Corps Camp located in the Chisos Mountains taken on November 26, 1937. The company stationed at this camp was 1855, it was under the command of Lt. Wm. L. Hagman and Lt. Archie L. Murray, second in command.
- CCC Service Camp
- Photograph description by Calistro Nunez Sr. in an interview on January 18, 1975 by Calistro Nunez, Jr., "This picture was taken in 1933, during the depression, when President Roosevelt held office. It shows a CCC Service Camp, which was formed so that the people could work. Their jobs were at making roads on the Chisos Mountain, where Big Bend is now located. The government paid the federal workers according to their duties and responsibilities under several different pay plans. They lived in these camps and were allowed to leave every fifteen days to go to the nearest town."
- CCC Service Camp Employees
- Photograph description by Calistro Nunez Sr. in an interview on January 18, 1975 by Calistro Nunez, Jr., "This picture, taken in January 23, 1934, shows five federal employees standing in front of their barrack, These men worked in the CCC camps." The photo shows men standing on the steps outside the doorway.
- Frank Martinez, Jr. and Carmen Martinez
- Photograph of Frank Martinez, Jr. with his second wife, Carmen Martinez on their wedding day, April 13,1933 in Terlingua, Texas. This photo was included in a research paper by Herlinda Espinoza for an American History Class at Marfa High School in 1966.
- Photo Postcard of Santa Helena Canyon, Texas
- Photographic postcard depicting the Grand Canyon of Texas, Santa Elena Canyon with the Rio Grande River running through it. One side is Texas and the other is Mexico. This photo was included in a research paper by Sammy Barnett for an American History class at Marfa High School in May 1964.
- [Portrait of the Delgadillo Sisters]
- Portrait of three little girls in white dresses on a ranch. They are, from left to right, Rosa Delgadillo, Cruz Delgadillo, and Juana Mata.
- Workers on Carrasco Ranch
- Photograph of workers that were making a road to the house on the Carrasco Ranch in West Texas. The men are: Rijino Zubiate of Alpine, TX; Abel Delgadillo of Ojinaga; Agopito Zubiate of Pecos, Texas; Mike Montoyo of Alpine, Texas; Juan Young of Cloudcroft, Texas; and G.A. Glenn of El Paso.